Presntatn on applications of mis
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Presntatn on applications of mis
* SYSTEMS FROM A FUNCTIONAL PERSPECTIVEIntroduction; IT is used in all business activities to bePerformed, business problems to be solved, & businessopportunities to be pursued. As a business professionals, one has a specificunderstanding of how ISs affects a business functions &Appreciation of the major ways.
MARKETING IS HRMPRODUCTION/ FUNCTIONAL BUSINESS IS Mfg IS SYSTEMS FINANCE ACCOUNTING IS IS
* Marketing & Sale IS Marketing is concerned with theplanning, promotion, & sale of existingproducts in existing market. Business firms have increasingly tunedto IT to help them to perform vitalmarketing functions in the face of therapid changes of today’s environment.
* Marketing ISInteractive Sales force Sale Automation CRM Management marketing Marketing Advertisement Research & & Product forecasting Promotion Management
Input Transaction Documents• Customer order• Order acceptance• Delivery note• Invoice, credit note, debit noteAccounting1. Product sale2. Sales value3. Sales Tax4. Dealer & distribution5. Zone & customer6. Excise duty &export market, etcReports• Statutory compliance• Information update• Decision analysis• Action update• Operation update (customer complaints, order book, despatch report)
* Manufacturing IS IS used for operations of mgt & transactionprocessing. Support of all firms that must plan, monitor, &control inventories, purchases & flow of goods &services. IS helping them to plan & control their operations.
Mfg IS help companies to simplify, automate,& integrate the many activities which areneeded to produce Products.
Input Transaction Documents• Production programme• Production schedule• Process planning sheet• Quality assurance rating form• Finished goods advice• Material requirement• Customer orderAccounting1. Quantity of production with respect to a time period2. Material requirement & its usage3. Breakdown incidence4. Use of power, fuel & consumablesReports• Statutory complaisance• Information update• Decision analysis• Action update
* Accounting IS A/C ISs are the oldest & mostly widely used IS inBusiness. Computer based A/C systems produce records &reports, the flow of funds through an org & produceimportant financial statements such as balance sheet& income statements. Operational A/C systems emphasize legal &historical records keeping & the production ofaccurate financial information.
Typically, these systems includes TPS such as orderprocessing, inventory control, accounts receivable, A/Cpayable, payroll & general ledger systems Mgt A/C systems focus on the planning & control ofbusiness operations, & analytical reports comparingforecasted to actual performance
* HRM IS Systems maintain E’yees records, track Eyees skills, jobperformance, training, Eyees compensation & carrier developmeninformation by support planning. E’yees data (from various Dept) To pay roll E’yees Master HR Systems Mgt Report file Online queries
* Personnel application form* Appointment letter* Appraisal form* Wage/salary agreement* Record of complaints, grievances, accidents* Biodata, self & family *
Accounting • Attendance • Manpower • Leave • Loans & deductions • Skills • Production dataControl 1. Probable absence versus workload 2. Projection of personnel cost against manpower increase, etcReports • Statutory report • Information update • Operation update • Decision analysis • Action update
* Financial IS Computer based financial IS supports business m’gers &Professionals in decisions. 1. The financing of a business 2. The allocation & control of financial resources Cash MgtInvestment Financial ReportsMgt ISCapitalbudgetingFinancialplanning
*IS in Banking Banking is generally understood as a place where the financialservices are offered, viz checking, savings, & providing credit to the customers.The customers choose the bank mainly on the following 3 factors; 1. The ease of doing business 2. The quality of personnel & service 3. The range of the financial service The MIS in banking industry revolves around this aspect. Thecustomer of the bank would like to know the status of the A/Cvery fast to make decision on withdrawals or payments. Hence the MIS is to be designed to identify, decide &design a service strategy for offering a distinctive service to the wide range of customers seeking a variety of service demand.the following points should be taken care of whiledesigning an MIS for a bank
* Customer DB 1. Customer 2. Operator 3. Range of Service 4. Class of customers 5. Working Hours* Service to the A/C holders* Service for business promotions* The index monitoring system* Human resource upgrade
* IS today is used in almost all the sectors apart from the sectors mentioned above, it is also used in Hospitals, hotel industry, restaurants and so on.