Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Narrative arc
What will be the message?
• Our argument was going to be one sided
• There would be a focus on violent video games being very negative on
the younger generation
• Our argument is going to include both sides of the argument; for and against
• We will talk about the advantages of video gaming which includes the
increasing of creativity and confidence – this positively impacts young people
and use our original ideas to create an effective argument.
We changed the documentary to include both sides of the
argument so that:
• The documentary will abide by Morley’s Reception
Analysis and allow the audience to have the negotiated
• We would use the conventions of an expository and
• Voiceover/voice of God
• Variety of footage, interviews, stills and archive
material assembled to support an argument
• Including both sides of the argument allowing
audience to conclude their views (negotiated
• We can send a message to the audience that violent
video games are not always bad.