Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NationDevelopers
Boosting Skill Sets
Increasing EMPLOYABILITY of youth
Trishant Malik (Co-ordinator)
• Our theme focuses on increasing
the employability of youth.
• Employability has been defined as
the capability of getting and
keeping satisfactory work.
• In simple terms, employability is
the skills in a person.
• If a person has required skills and
qualifications in him/her then
he/she can be employed easily.
• If history is followed, skills in India
are always acquired after some
practical training through
• The same will be followed in
• The current scenario is…
Not every youth in India
attends the workshops or training
that will help enhance their skills.
Even though few attend
workshops, they do not gain
• Thus, employability of India is not
as much as India’s potential.
Causes of the Problem
• Events being organized for the youth are not organized according to their needs
• Attendees of the workshop are not provided guidance regarding the workshop,
i.e., no information regarding what is to be known to attend the workshop is not
• There are various such organizations and institutes that conduct
workshops, but people are not connected with every institute/
• Certainly, lack of youth awareness is also a cause for decreased
The main idea behind selecting the theme of increasing
employability of youth is to provide better means of
sources for the youth so that they can actually develop
their skills rather than investing in unnecessary sources
which yields no result.
Reasons for selecting this theme
• Solution to increase the
employability of youth is
to create awareness
among them. This
awareness can be
created when necessary
information is available
to people, so that they
can enroll themselves for
• We provide this
guidance through an “all-
We will be creating an “all-in-one” website,
which will contain necessary information
regarding the workshops to be conducted.
Interested candidates will be able to opt for
any workshops of their choice, they will be
provided with a list of pre-requisites to attend
The candidates are then asked to register to
the website, which will help keep the
candidates updated about future events.
To attend a workshop, the candidate must
appear for the preliminary online test on the
topic they wish to attend the workshop.
If completed successfully with sufficient
grades, the candidate will be allowed to
attend the workshop, else they are provided
Merits of the proposed solution in
comparison to the existing alternative
• There is no such existing
system so far in India. Thus,
we hope the proposed idea
will benefit the youth and
create awareness among
them to develop their
The candidates are
asked to register to
the website, so that
they can be provided
updates about the
Once the registration
is confirmed the
candidates can opt
for any workshop of
To attend a
appear for a online
On completing the
test with sufficient
grades the candidate
will be allowed to
attend the workshop.
After attending the
attendee must be
able to clear the post
test that will be
conducted after the
Only those attendees
will be appreciated
with a certificate.
Key steps to be followed…
•Persons to maintain the
website and manage the
•Users who register to the
website will be charged
• Users of the
The users who register to the website will be charged
a nominal fee. Later, for individual workshops
candidates will be charged accordingly.
• The employment skills of youth will be improved drastically.
• Organizations will be benefitted immensely with availability
of talented youth.
Impact of the
• Employment graph of the nation will show an upward trend.
• Better output by youth at the workplace.
measurement of the
• The proposed method can be used by any user of any
• This method can be applied globally to create awareness
• This mechanism will sustain as the success rate of the
employability of the youth will enhance significantly.
• The proposed method will benefit both the organizers and
the candidates which will make our website prevail longer.
• Users might initially hesitate to pay for
registration, even though it is a nominal
• There might not be enough votes to organize a
workshop which a candidate is willing to
• It will require a lot of time and cost to setup
the particular service common to youth of