Price Resume 2014
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Price Resume 2014
2000 70th Street West
Inver Grove Heights, MN 55077
612.481.0026 / firstname.lastname@example.org
Experienced leader seeks management position at a superior company where operational ability, attention to detail
and leadership will result in increased revenue and success for the organization
HIGHLIGHTS OF QUALIFICATIONS
• Proven track-record of success in diverse, fast-paced and demanding, Retail and IT environment.
• Leadership and execution in military, retail operations and project manager positions.
• Demonstrated outstanding interpersonal skills and teamwork in execution of highly technical projects.
• Authored several standing operating procedures and corporate policies of a highly technical nature and
improving process efficiency in all positions, particularly as Operations Officer, Retail Operations Support
Manager and Retail Operations Project Manager.
IT Project Manager, Select Comfort Corporation
Plymouth, MN, October 2013 – Present
Act as continuous improvement leader in productivity and processes in the sales organization through
autonomous action, cross-functional collaboration and project team leadership.
Participated in and executed technology/product launches and hierarchy related projects.
o SleepIQ and x12 Pilot and National Launch
o Vertex (Sales Tax Calculation service) Pilot and National Launch
o POS Version Update Pilots and National Launches
Technology advisor/consultant to Director, Sales Operations.
Operations advisor/consultant to Information Technology, Legal, Product, Safety Committee, Missing/Wrong
Committee, Internal Audit/Risk Management departments.
Liaison between Sales Operations and Information Technology to set requirements for technology
innovations, guide design, test solutions and implement projects across the balance of retail chain.
Retail Operations Support Manager, Select Comfort Corporation
Plymouth, MN, July 2012 – October 2013
Continuous improvement leader in productivity and processes in retail sales operations
o Implemented One Call Emergency Notification system and standardized outage communication
Planned and executed product launches and Sales Operations projects including: i-Series Refresh, cSE,
iLE, DualTemp (Pilot and National Launch), p-Series Refresh, m-Series Refresh
Primary point of contact and support for Multi-Store Leaders in specified regions.
Subject matter expert in Sales Operations and generalist in company operations
Strategically work towards achievement of company priorities while considering broader implications of
department work and decisions
Minnesota Army National Guard:
Operations Officer, 55th Civil Support Team
Fort Snelling, MN, November 2010 – July 2012
• Supervised six individuals specializing in all aspects of operations, communications, logistics, administrative
• Conducted inter-agency coordination with State and Federal authorities for training and crisis management
• Wrote and implemented several standard operating procedures adhering to strict Department of Defense
and Department of the Army regulations.
• Received a 99% compliance rating on a highly technical inspection mandated by United States Congress
and the National Guard Bureau
Daniel L. Price
Daniel L. Price Page 2 WORK EXPERIENCE (continued)
Aide-de-Camp to The Adjutant General / Commissioner of Military Affairs,
Saint Paul, MN, July 2009 – November 2010
• Controlled and managed all SECRET and TOP SECRET correspondence with multiple Department of Defense and Department of the Army agencies for the Commissioner
• Researched all strategic level organizational decisions for the Commissioner to ensure decisions were based on correct and legal information
Company Commander, B Company, 2-136 Combined Arms Battalion
Crookston / Thief River Falls, MN, October 2008 – October 2010
• Responsible for training and welfare of a 135-man Mechanized Infantry Company in preparation for deployment in support of Operations Iraqi Freedom and Enduring Freedom.
• Led the top company among six company battalions for overseas deployment.
• Officer in Charge of Clay, Norman, Polk and Marshall Counties during Red River Valley flood of 2009 managing cross-coordination and movement of National Guard forces to affected areas
Minnesota National Guard
Liaison Officer to Minnesota State Colleges and Universities (MNSCU)
Saint Paul, MN, July 2008 – July 2009
• Primary point of contact and conduit for information between the Minnesota National Guard and MNSCU Director of Student Affairs.
• Directed software and Web developers to build the Veterans Education Transfer System (VETS).
• Presented the VETS project at multiple National Conferences including the Worldwide Symposium on Education (2010) and multiple webinars with state and private colleges and universities.
Minnesota National Guard
Project Officer / Officer Recruiter, Minnesota National Guard Recruiting and Retention Battalion
Roseville, MN, October 2007 – July 2008
• Recruited 12 soldiers from the Minnesota National Guard to attend Officer Candidate School.
• Army Instructor for two 300-person classes of Officers in Training.
• Tracked and managed 50+ Cadets in three Reserve Officer Training Corps programs.
• Managed General Services Administration vehicle fleet of over 50 vehicles.
Minnesota National Guard
Executive Officer / Platoon Leader, A Company, 2-136 Combined Arms Battalion
Camp Al Taqqadam / Camp Fallujah, Iraq, October 2005 – June 2007
• Managed logistics for a 150 -man Mechanized Infantry while deployed in a combat environment.
• Led 150+ combat patrols in the Al Anbar Province of Iraq (62 direct report soldiers and Marines).
Department of Defense TOP SECRET Clearance (Granted 2010)
BACHELOR OF ARTS IN BIOLOGY (LATIN LANGUAGE), Lawrence University, Appleton, WI (1999)
Emphasis on: Microbiology, Genetics, Botany, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Transmission Electron Microscopy