National museum, janpath, new delhi
exploe national museum
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - National museum, janpath, new delhi
Janpath, Rajpath Area, Central Secretariat, New Delhi, Delhi 110011
By: Kushal (MBA
• National Museum in New Delhi is one of the
largest museum in INDIA.
• Pre-historic era to modern works of art.
• On August 15, 1949, the National Museum,
New Delhi, was inaugurated in the Rashtrapati
Bhawan by Shri R.C. Rajagopalachari
• The National Museum is under the
administrative control of the Ministry of
• The National Museum Situated on the corner
of Janpath and Maulana Azad road.
• The National Museum has 2,06,000 works of
exquisite of art.
• It covers around 5000 year of culture and
heritage of both, Indian and Foreign Origin
• National Museum having a wide range of
masterpieces of sculptural art in such medium
like: Stone, Bronze, silver, gold, iron, bones
• It covers 3rd century BC to 19th century AD,
Longest time in world History
Galleries to Visit
• Maurya-shunga-Satavahana Gallery (3rd century BC to 1st-2nd
• Kushana Gallery
• Gupta Art Gallery
• Early Medieval Gallery
• Late Medieval Gallery
• Buddhist Gallery
Map of Ground Floor
•Gallery Has large number of artifacts from the sites of Harappan Civilization.
•The Collection Includes Pottery, Tablets weights and measures, Seals, utensils,
Jewelry figurine, terracotta, toys etc.
•Some metal or copper tools like axes, chisels, knives etc.
•About 3800 objective has been displayed in the Harappan civilization gallery.
• Built around 2600 BCE
• one of the world's earliest major urban settlements.
• Indus script
• Brahmi script
• Bhattiprolu script, Kadamba script
BUDDHIST ART GALLERY
• Buddhist art illustrated by 84 exhibits in
stone, Bronze, wodden, gold, teracotta etc.
• Buddha Pada Foot prints and buddha,s life
scenes and some other masterpiece.
Map of First Floor
• India is the origin of chess, ludo, snake – ladder, gyan
chopad etc games.
• Gyan chopad shows the path of peace after reaching
• ladder shows the kindness and humbleness of human
Elephant tusk art works
Buddha live carved on tusk
Casting Method of Coins
Map of Second Floor
Costumes and Textiles
Arms and Armors
Do visit to National Museum