Pop music influences
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pop music influences
POP MUSIC INFLUENCES
• Pop music derives from the abbreviation of the word ‘popular’. This term
is used interchangeably, with former term describing any music that is
deemed as ‘popular’, this includes any style of music.
• It was originated in the United States of American in the 1950s and
stems from origins of rock and roll, Rhythm and Blues, Jazz, Folk and
• There are core elements of Pop such as being written in a verse-chorus
structure as well as have catchy hooks and the chorus being repeated
multiple times throughout the song.
• However, Pop music tends to borrow elements from other styles, such as
Urban, Dance, Latin and country.
• Pop music is generally regarded as being commercially recorded so that
it appeals to a mass audience, predominately a youth audience.
There are multiple sub genres for pop, such as:
There are also many ‘Fushion genres’ alongside pop aswell:
Indie Pop ( Icona Pop come under this genre)
To create the pop genre, plenty of different music instruments are used.