Prevent mold growth
Tips from Rapid Response DKI
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Prevent mold growth
Mold can grow in just about any
room in your home and on most
▪ One of the most common causes of mold growth is
the amount of moisture in the atmosphere.
▪ Use a moisture meter to check the amount of
moisture in a space.
▪ Look for signs of high moisture levels, such as
constant condensation on windows.
Keep humidity under control
▪ High humidity and moisture can be dealt with by
making sure your home is well ventilated.
▪ Keep air circulating to make sure humidity is
kept low and mold doesn’t get a chance to grow.
▪ High humidity can be caused by hot showers and
the steam they produce.
Ventilate the area
▪ Keeping moisture and humidity low can prove to
be difficult if there are wet items in your home
▪ Dry carpet spills as soon as they happen to
prevent mold growth in your carpet.
▪ Leaky pipes can also contribute to rising
humidity so check for any pipes that might be
Remove wet items
Rapid Response DKI
For any professional help
you may need in your
home, especially mold
restoration in Central
and Northern New Jersey,
be sure to contact DKI
Rapid Response at (800)
338- 4379 and ask about
all of our services.