Popular Trends, Issues and Releases of 2014
Every year bring lots of Trends, Issues and Releases with it. We have seen many crises and celebrations in year 2014. Here is some quick view of these experiences.
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Popular Trends, Issues and Releases of 2014
What were the popular Trends,
Issues and Releases of 2014
Saba Umar BD at Gatelogix
Hubspot Inbound Marketing Certified
• started in Summer 2014.
• Fundraiser for ALS(Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis) disease .
• Ice Bucket Challenge saw 17 million videos posted globally,
and watched 10 billion times by more than 440 million people.
• On image sharing website there have been 3.7 million videos
uploaded with the hashtags #ALSicebucketchallenge and
• Justin Bieber's remains the most popular - with one million "likes".
• From 29 July to 28 August of 2014 this challenge received $98.2m [BBC]
Ice Bucket Challenge
FIFA World Cup
• Football World Cup remains one of the most talked about
sport event In 2014.
• Started :12 June – 13 July 2014 , (64 matches over 32 day )
• It provides marketing a remarkable opportunity for brand
engagement around the globe.
• Approximately $5700000000 spent on marketing
(sponsorships and commercials).
Mexico 1450000 Followers.
Colombia 823000 Followers.
Brazil 1460000 Followers.
From May tenth to June Total tweets grew 86,207 to 584’896.
Top hashtags #worldcup #Brazil2014 # brazil
There were recoded 350 tweets about the world cup per day.
Social Shoot Out
• 500 million Facebook fans
In 5 days there have been 236,863 Instagram posts recorded
with these hashtags
Sochi Winter Olympics
An attempt to obtain a Pride House at the 2014 Winter
Olympics in Sochi.
About 2873 athletes from 88 countries took part in winter
Total Investment around Cost around $51B.
Technology in 2014
• Firefox 34 brings a number of major features in 2014 Like improved
search bar, better theme switching Firefox’s experimental ‘Hello’ chat
• But the most talked about rollout of this year is, Firefox announced
Yahoo as its default search engine.
Google Updates in 2014
• February 6: Refreshed it Page algorithm.
• May 19: Panda 4.0 algorithm and data fresh update .
• June 12: Payday Loan 3.0, update for Spammy queries
• June 28 :Authorship Photo Drop
• July 24: Pigeon Basic SEO update
• August 6: HTTPS/SSL Update
• August 28: Authorship Removed
• September 23: Panda 4.1 (#27)
• October 2014: "In The News" Box
• October 17: Penguin 3.0
• October 21: Pirate 2.0
In 2014 a lots of wearable devisees were lunched.
• Fitbit Surge
It is an activity tracker and aimed for the fitness demographic.
The Surge include a heart-rate monitor and the ability to track pace,
distance, and elevation.
Announced in October 2014
• Apple watch/Digital Crown:
Released September 9, 2014. It has fitness tracking and health oriented
capabilities, as well as integration with IOS
• Pebble SmartWatch.
Released in early 2014 It is compatible with Android and iOS devices.
Web Design Trend in 2014
The most Famous trend of 2014 in web designing are the
• Responsive Websites Design
• Simple Design.
• Storytelling design.
• Flash Website Designs.
• Best website Desogn of 2014.
A new species, named elephant
screw or GenusMacroscelides
discover from the remote desert of
A group of investigators discovered a new
spices of mite in a coral reef. They make
their home among the microalgae and
Smart Phones Lunched in 2014
Samsung The Galaxy Alpha is Samsung's first smartphone which
incorporate the metallic frame.
Unveiled on 13 August 2014 and was released in September 2014.
I phone 6
Released on September 19, 2014.
More than 10 million iPhone 6 and iPhone Plus devices were sold in the first three days,
Nokia Lumia (Microsoft Lumia 535)
In November 2014, Microsoft announced the first non-Nokia branded Lumia device,
the Microsoft Lumia 535.
• The Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant (ISIS)
was highly talked issue in 2014.
• Discovered in February.
• Two groups ISIS and Al-Qaeda were merged under the
name "Islamic state of Iraq and Al-Sham"
• Ebola is rear and deadly daises.
• 2014 Ebola epidemic is the largest in history,
affecting different countries in West Africa.
• Total Cases: 20206
• Laboratory-Confirmed Cases: 12894
• Total Deaths: 7905
Missing Malaysian Plane
• Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, disappeared while
route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing on 8 March.
• Carrying 227 passengers
• 152 were Chinese, 38 passengers were Malaysian. The
remaining passengers were from 13 different
– Began in July 2014,
– Fighting intensified between Israel and Hamas
– 10,224 Injuries included 3106 children.
– 47500 Peoples were displayed.
– More then 17200 homes destroyed.
– 59 hospitals and clinics were damaged.
• The most awful incident of 2014
happened 16th of December In
Peshawar a city of Pakistan.
• Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan (TTP)
conducted a terrorist attack on the
Army Public School.
• 145 Peoples were killed included
GateLogix Wish all viewers,
A Very Happy, Successful and