Price, Keith Resume
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Price, Keith Resume
KEITH J. PRICE
1404 Reddale Road H: (570) 943-2555
Orwigsburg, PA 17961 email@example.com C: (570) 294-1169
25+ years of experience in an automated manufacturing facility designing, developing, validating and launching
new medical products. Strong customer service skills, with the ability to reconcile difficult situations. Proficient in
general office duties, including Microsoft programs: Outlook, Word, Excel and Project. Knowledge of AutoCAD.
Good math, oral and written communication skills with an excellent attention to detail.
SURGICAL SPECIALTIES, Reading, PA 1986 - Present
Sr. Manufacturing Engineering Tech / Product Development (2009 –Present)
• Designs and develops new products and processes to support both short and long term business plans.
• Improves existing products and processes to maintain competitive position.
• Provide technical consultation in the evaluation of new products and the development of novel ideas.
• Investigates innovative materials and process technologies for applicability to new and existing product.
• Reviews new concept and provides technical input in the evaluation of product opportunities.
• Identifies, evaluates and recommends material technologies for new products. Enhances test requirements,
develops protocols, and performs tests, records data and analysis, resulting in assurance of conformity to
• Oversees pilot production and provides technical instruction to operators.
• Trains and assist operators and supervisors as needed to maintain required production and quality levels.
• Leads department personnel and coordinates engineering to implement machine and process improvements.
• Works with Engineering, Maintenance, Q.A. and R&D Departments to ensure continuous operation of all
machines and processes along with leading root cause identification (production problems/MR analysis) and
correction (equipment & process modifications) of product related issues.
• Guides Tool and Die Department to maintain and improve tooling as required. Updates engineering drawings
• Prepares sketches and/or CAD drawings along with estimated costs of machine and procedure upgrades.
• Writes change requests (CR) for BOM’s and item routers as needed to maintain and improve current methods.
Machine Shop / Tool Room Lead Person (1994 - 2009)
Plans, schedules and directs all projects released to machine shop and tool room. Supervises, coaches, trains all
personal personnel in the “Machine Building and Perishable Tool” teams.
• Led and coordinated the activities of workers engaged in making production equipment and tooling and the
building of meta-working dies, jigs and fixtures, gauges. Trains department staff.
• Supplied manufacturing department with the equipment or tooling required to meet production demands.
• Provided technical instruction and assistance regarding the installation operators; repair and maintenance of
• Responded to requests for emergency repairs and the need to troubleshoot equipment.
• Devised methods and procedures to produce parts or equipment.
• Assisted in the manufacture of Special parts and components of prototypes, as assigned.
PAGE 2 KEITH J. PRICE
C: (570) 294-1169
TOOL ROOM TECHNICIAN (1986 - 1994)
Colleague Recognition Award
2008 Innovation Award
Certification of completion of apprenticeship, Burndy Termac Division
Served 8,000 hours state approved Tool and Die Apprenticeship
Associates Degree in Specialized Technology, Machine Technology, Thaddeus Stevens School of Technology
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Certification of Completion of Apprenticeship in Tool and Die making – Commonwealth of Pennsylvania,
Department of Labor and Industry
Certification, Electromechanical Technology; Certification, Computer Basic – Schuylkill Training & Technology
Certification, Fundamentals of Supervision I & II; Certification, On the Job Training; Certification, Interpersonal
Communication Skills; Certification, Psychology for Supervisors – The Manufacturers Association of Berks County
Certification, Word and Excel – Albright Computer Training & Consulting Services, Albright College