Polsyn, Lonnie Resume 2009
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Polsyn, Lonnie Resume 2009
9319 West Sunrise Blvd. • Plantation, Florida 33322
Home: (954) 452-5009 • Cell: (954) 610-0373 • email@example.com
Retail expert with formidable record of revenue growth
and #1 rankings for gross margin overachievement in diverse lines of business.
Seasoned buyer with 20+ years’ experience in product buying and store operations management. Well-established
ability to identify market trends, negotiate pricing and vendor support, and ensure near-flawless execution at the
store level. Proven expertise in assortment planning, buying, and product development. Highly collaborative leader
selected to lead challenging and high-impact enterprise projects. Possess extensive network of retail and vendor
contacts and resources.
Strategic Planning • Retail Operations Management • Financial Planning • P&L Management
Market Trends • Buying • Assortment Planning • Inventory Management • Merchandising • Execution
Negotiations • Project Management • Team Leadership & Development • Process Improvement
MACY’S FLORIDA, Miami, Florida • 2001-Present
$1.4B department store chain with 49 locations in the state of Florida and Puerto Rico.
Senior Buyer − Men’s Traditional Sportswear and Seasonal Classifications, 2005-Present
Buyer − Men’ Slacks, 2003-2005
Buyer − Toddlers/Girl’s 2-6x, 2001-2003
Maximize sales and profitability of $20M sportswear line by creating sales strategies and tactical plans. Devise
and implement financial and marketing plans, pricing, profit negotiations, assortment planning, merchandise
procurement, and inventory management. Partner with Planner and Associate Planner to determine/drive sales
plans at location level. Special emphasis on employee development for 2 direct reports, an Assistant Buyer and a
Merchandise Assistant. Member of HQ Merchandise Steering Committee, 2001-2003.
• Drove up Private Label Sportswear business by 16% over 2 years (from $4.3M to $5M).
• Achieved 106% of plan and 112% LY in Men’s Pants in 2004achieving company’s #1 ranking for trend
improvement to LY. In same year, also attained #1 ranking for Gross Margin Percentage and Average Unit
Retail improvement. Beat profit plan by 1.79 basis pointsdelivering 41.74% GM vs. plan target of 39.95%.
Edited assortments and improved merchandise turnover to 2.31 from 2.02 LY and 2.05 Plan.
• Created seamless transition in merger of Girl’s 2-4 and Girls 2-6x through exceptional team leadership, project
management and assortment planning.
MACY’S EAST, New York, New York • 1998-2001
One of the nation’s leading department stores.
Buyer − Girl’s 7-16 Sportswear and Collections
Drove $30M line of business, including pre-shopping girl’s 7-16 market, choosing key items, and determining
seasonal corporate strategies and pricing. Created and implemented financial plans and strategies, marketing,
pricing, profit negotiations, assortment planning, merchandise procurement, inventory management, and people
development. Managed 1 Associate Buyer, 1 Assistant Buyer and partnered with Planner. Member of Federated
Department Stores’ steering committee.
• Increased sales by 14% (from $25.7M to $30M) in fiscal year 1999. Launched collections business while
maintaining sportswear volume.
LONNIE POLSYN • Page 2 • firstname.lastname@example.org
MACY’S EAST, continued:
• Initiated and directed process to enhance steering committee effectiveness by incorporating corporate-driven
assortment review, pricing strategy, and management walk-through and approval prior to delivering strategy to
buying divisions of Macy’s East, Macy’s West, Rich’s, and Burdines.
• Honored as only Buyer to participate in corporate initiativeKid’s Reinvent Strategywhich resulted in a new
merchandising strategy for Kid’s apparel in the Danbury, CT store.
WALT DISNEY WORLD ATTRACTIONS MERCHANDISE, Orlando, Florida • 1996-1998
Retail arm of entertainment leader providing tangible memories of experience.
Kid’s Product Manager
Led $35M business, including product management, sourcing, vendor negotiations, team building, networking,
financial planning and analysis, and quality control. Managed 2 direct reports and operating budget of $15M.
• Delivered 108% of plan, 122% LY, and a 5% improvement to our cost of goods sold objective.
• Collaborated with sourcing managers as well as the domestic and international markets to enforce consistent
merchandise sizing specifications across all Kid’s apparel.
• Maximized the use of different inks to add excitement and texture to our $20M kid’s screen print tee shirt
business. Learned the screen printing process from start to finish.
BURDINES, Miami, Florida • 1988-1996
Leading department store chain in Florida.
Buyer − Girl’s 7-16, Boy’s 4-7, Liaison Men’s Sportswear, 1991-1996
Associate Buyer − Men’s Dress Shirts, 1990-1991
Group Merchandise Manager − Intimate Apparel/Juniors, Men’s Furnishings & Suits, Men’s Sportswear & Depot,
Fast-track promotions through progressively broader roles culminating in buyer position managing $15M line of
business. Directed financial planning and analysis, inventory management, and vendor negotiations. Executed
strategic plans in marketing and merchandising as member of Federated Store’s steering committee.
• Achieved #1 ranking within Federated Stores for gross margin, turnover, and GMROIproducing a 5%
increase in sales over LY as Buyer for Girl’s 7-16.
• Drove highest sales increase in Federated Stores and ranked #1 for gross margin, turnover, and GMROI as
Buyer for Boy’s 4-7. Recognized for achieving margin goals for all core vendors.
• Played key role in launch of the Tommy Hilfiger collection and achieved #1 sales volume company wide as
Buyer for Boy’s 4-7 through focused marketing and negotiating strong vendor support.
• Orchestrated the implementation of the Men’s Sports Forum shop concept in all 43 Burdines locations as
Merchandise Liaison for Men’s Sportswear.
Bachelor of Science in Psychology
University of Florida, Gainesville, Florida
Retail Industry Professionals Group