Prestashop Ecommerce Website Development | Prestashop Certified Partner - ProbytesPrestashop Developemnt
ProBytes is a PrestaShop Premium Partner for e-commerce bronze. Choose the best partners to help you to build your online store!
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Prestashop Ecommerce Website Development | Prestashop Certified Partner - ProbytesPrestashop Developemnt
What is mean by Prestashop
• Prestashop is robust, professional grade e-Commerce
shopping cart that you can download, install, and use
for free. In the back end, you will use a full featured
back end to manage your inventory, orders, shipping,
and customers in real time. Your customer’s payments
are sent directly to your commercial bank account
using the latest security technology. You can even add
your own modules to the shopping cart.
Check out Some themes of Prestashop
Advantages of Prestashop Ecommerce System
• 1. Free and open source : If your budget is tight it will save
your money which can be used for advertising (Google
• 2. Size of software : 2.2 MB (1292 files)
• 3. SEO friendly : This is the first thing you should check. It is
critical for your web store to be SEO friendly. It is easy to
change URLs, Title tags in Prestashop so your SEO experts
will be happy with this platform.
• 4. Animated add to cart : Prestashop has in-built animated
add to cart feature.
• 5. Multilingual : In most cases you’ll need to translate your
web store in one or few languages. Prestashop supports all
• 6. Prestashop is easy to develop : It’s important to know that there
will be developers who can help you for a reasonable price and
within reasonable period of time. For e.g. Magento developers are
quite expensive because Magento is not easy to maintain (develop)
– it’s quite complicated system.
• 7. Fast and it does not require expensive servers to run : We tried
Magento but it required too much server resources and
configuration so we went back to Prestashop.
• 8. Many free modules : You can start your shop in minutes if you
are in a rush and of course you save money.
• 9. It has modules and themes shop : You can buy required module
or theme and improve your shop in minutes. Take a look here.
Prestashop validates those modules and ensures quality – so you
are not taking any risks. Besides unique solutions costs much more.
Developers can sell modules multiple times so they charge less and
they are wiling to fix their bugs because they get money for their
• 10. It’s easy to learn : You do not have to be an e-commerce
expert to master Prestashop.
• 11. It has big community : Check Prestashop forum. You’ll find
answers to most of your questions.
• 12. It is rapidly improving : Sometimes it’s annoying because
you have to update your Prestashop constantly. But every new
release gets better and better. E-commerce is changing rapidly
so does and Prestashop
Large number of bug fixes
• The script programmers release bug fixes and new options about twice a
month. An update is requires especially when it comes to security issues.
Unfortunately applying those fixes takes a considerable know-how.
Releasing bug fixes makes it known to everybody what kind of
vulnerabilites there are in older versions, so someone could use it on an
older scripts. On the other hand frequent fix releases are a pain for the
shop owners. This vicious circle could only be broken by automatic
updates, which, as of yet, are not available in PrestaShop.
• Built-in functionalities in other free scripts can often turn out to be
payable in PrestaShop. That's why it's worth considering if the paid
functionality you're after is really that necessary. If so, maybe another
script could offer it for free?
• Though the application aspires as a large shop base, it does not do as well
as Magento. The script architecture can at some point hinder or even
completely prevent a programmer from further developing the cart.
• PrestaShop is good for start. The script works as well
with medium and large number of products. If there
are few products and a lot of traffic, other scripts like
Probytes.net would work better. PrestaShop's
efficiency when there's a 100 products isn't any better
than when there are 1000.
As we all know, the appetite grows with what it feeds
on, but what PrestaShop lacks in built-in
functionalities, can be made up with free or paid
plugins. It's rare that an online shop owner is hang out
to dry, since the PrestaShop programmers' community
is ever growing.