Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nader_Kamal_Resume
NADER KAMAL YOUSSEF FAWZY
Address: 225 Banafseg Buildings, New Cairo, Egypt.
Phone: (+202) 22572895
Mobile: (+20) 1001654429
Personal Information Nationality: Egyptian.
Date of Birth: 20 / 7 / 1980.
Place of Birth: Cairo.
Military Status: Fulfilled.
Driving License: Valid.
Objective Seeking a stable job and a challenging position in a major multinational
company where I can effectively utilize my expertise in hardware modules,
software tools and customer support and where my skills will be refined and
my knowledge expanded.
Current Employer June 2004 – Present:
PSD (Pyramid Systems Development), the software design and hardware
application branch of Digitaltest GmbH. Digitaltest is a German leading
company in ATE (Automatic Test Equipment). PSD supports Digitaltest’s
worldwide customers with its application team.
PSD website: www.psd.com.eg
Digitaltest website: www.digitaltest.net
Current Position January 2012 – Present:
Project manager, Applications department.
Work Experience &
Member for 5 years in PSD Validation team as Validation Team Leader &
Responsible for developing software validation plans for PSD Software
tools and the hardware modules used in Digitaltest testers.
- Coordinating with software & hardware development teams during
specifications development phase of new products.
- Coordinating with software & hardware teams for development of
- Developing budget and schedule plans, validation plans, and
allocation of the required resources.
- Analyzing possible risks that may affect the project and planning the
necessary preventive and corrective actions.
- Negotiating with customers and higher management to obtain
approval for project plans and resource allocation.
- Managing the execution of the validation plan and controlling
changes and modifications.
- Analyzing the root cause of any deviation from project plans during
execution and taking the necessary corrective or preventive actions.
- Collecting lessons learned and finalizing project documents.
Responsible for planning hardware In-Circuit validation plans for
Digitaltest customers’ PCB boards using Digitaltest ATE testers.
- Contacting the customers to obtain all required information before
the initiation of the project.
- Developing cost quotations and delivery schedules that meet
customer validation scope.
- Negotiating with the customers to obtain approval for plans and
estimated project delivery date.
- Managing the execution of the project plan.
- Following up with customers regarding project plan progress using
weekly status reports and weekly conference calls.
- Traveling to customer’s site for installation and final acceptance tests.
- Supported customers are located in Egypt, USA, Canada, Mexico,
Germany, Spain, Portugal, KSA, UK, Czech Republic, Denmark,
Sweden, Russia, Japan, Philippines, India, Singapore and Thailand.
Member for 5 years in PSD Validation team as Validation Engineer &
Senior Validation Engineer.
Responsible for validating PSD software tools and the hardware modules
used in Digitaltest testers.
- Designing and developing test methodologies and scenarios for
software tools and hardware modules.
- Examples of hardware modules: Multiplexer boards, Power supplies,
Functional modules (for measuring time, frequency, events, voltage,
current and digital logic).
- Designing and developing GTP (General test programs) to automate
and minimize time consumed in the validation process. Different
techniques were used such as Visual Basic coding and external
measurements using National Instrument’s DVM’s and HP’s function
generators through GPIB interface.
- Validating the performance of the software tools and hardware
modules to make sure they meet the expected behavior described in
the requirement specification documents.
- Reporting detected issues on an online database (Digitaltest
Tracking System) and executing the required regression tests after
the reported issues have been fixed.
Experience in testing Digitaltest customers’ PCB boards using Digitaltest ATE
machines. This includes developing and debugging In-Circuit and functional
mixed signal applications using Visual Basic coding and CAD processing.
Experience in calibrating Digitaltest ATE machines using Visual Basic
programs and external hardware modules controlled through GPIB interface.
Developing software tools and writing technical application notes. These tools
and documents are used to assist team members by automating lengthy
processes and reducing time needed to resolve urgent customers’ requests.
Supporting and maintaining customers’ malfunctioning systems and
applications in the range of critical deadlines.
Travel Experience &
Performed system integration & application installation for Digitaltest’s
customers in Germany, USA, Mexico, Spain, Portugal and China.
Worked in Digitaltest North America branch located in California, USA for 8
months during the period from 2008 to 2009.
Worked in Digitaltest headquarters located in Karlsruhe, Germany for total
duration of 14 months during the period from 2005 to 2012.
Represented Digitaltest in the following exhibitions:
IPC Midwest Exhibition in Chicago, USA in September 2008
IPC APEX EXPO in Las Vegas, USA in April 2009.
Working in a multi-cultural environment with high international exposure.
Operating efficiently under high pressure in a sensitive environment.
Self-education and quick knowledge acquiring to meet applications’
needs and resolve emerging issues.
Ability to lead and manage teams with members from different countries.
Education 1997 – 2002
Faculty of Engineering, Ain Shams University, Cairo, Egypt.
B.Sc. in Communication & Electronics Engineering.
General Grade: Very Good with Honors (83.77%).
Graduation Project: VHDL Design of high speed modem using FPGA.
The project was implemented by Mentor Graphics software packages
“Leonardo Spectrum” & “ModelSim” for RTL design & simulation.
Synthesis was performed by Xilinix Foundation Place and Route software
Graduation Project Grade: Distinction.
1985 - 1997
St. George College, Cairo (1985 – 1997)
General Secondary Certificate Grade: 99 %
September 2012 – December 2012
Regional IT Institute (RITI).
Project Management Diploma (PMD).
July 2003 – February 2004
IBM in association with National Telecommunications Institute (NTI).
Operating Systems Administration Professional (Linux and AIX) course.
Wireless Communication course.
LPI (Linux Professionals Institute) Certification Level 1, Exam101.
IBM eServer Certified Specialist – pSeries AIX System Administration,
Languages Arabic: Native Language.
English: Fluent Spoken & Written.
Skills Good knowledge of Linux and UNIX AIX operating system on IBM RS/6000
Good knowledge of C, C++ and Visual Basic programming languages.
Good knowledge of Perl, HTML and Unix Shell Scripting languages.
Good knowledge of MySQL and Oracle database packages.
Good experience with VHDL Hardware Description Language.
Good knowledge of Matlab, MicroSim Spice, OrCad, Mentor Graphics FPGA
Advantage and Xilinx Foundation Place and Route Software.
Good knowledge of I2
C and SPI protocols.
Good knowledge of Flash programming using NEC Flash Master programmers.
Good knowledge of Siemens PLC programming using STEP 7 software.
Good knowledge of Boundary Scan technique for testing electronic boards.
Good knowledge of instruments interfacing using GPIB interface.
Attended internal trainings on presentation skills, introduction to project
management, leadership, team building, negotiation skills and effective
Project Management Diploma:
PMP knowledge areas (Integration, Scope, Time, Cost, Quality, Human
Resource, Communication, Risk & Procurement).
PMP Process groups (Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and
Microsoft Project 2012.
Operating System Administration Professional Course:
- Internet Fundamentals
- Networking Fundamentals
- Web Pages Authoring Fundamentals
- Introduction to Windows 2000 Administration
- Linux Basics
- Linux Power User
- Linux TCP/IP Administration
- Linux as a Firewall
- Linux e-business with Apache
- Linux Integration with Windows (Samba)
- AIX Basics
- AIX System Administration I: Implementation
- AIX Configuring TCP/IP & Accessing Internet
- Korn Shell Programming
- PERL programming
- C Programming
- AIX Performance Problems Determination
The project aims to detect problems that affect the performance of an
AIX system whether these problems are arising from the processors,
memory, hard disk drives or local network.
Wireless Communication Course:
Introduction to Wireless Communication
- GSM (Global System for Mobile Communication)
- CDMA (Code Division Multiple Access)
- GPRS (General Packet Radio System)
- UMTS (Universal Mobile Telecommunication System)