Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nadja_Sumter_Resume
As a Brand Manager, I help employers and clients develop innovative brand solutions that promote their prod-
ucts, services, and initiatives. Recent deliverables have included visual displays, event strategies, marketing
campaigns, brand identities, pop-up shop concepts, and more. In addition to my expertise, I am driven by my
passion for translating marketing messages into distinct consumer experiences through the design and execu-
tion of events and themed environments. My unique skills will help you reach your company goals and achieve
your mission. See below for a brief qualification summary.
Visual Merchandising and Concept Design: With 10 years experience in the fashion industry, I have a deep un-
derstanding of key design and merchandising concepts, leading to strong visual displays and selling strategies
that support the success of company initiatives. My communications degree and passion for marketing lend to
an added ability to strategize, propose and execute concept ideas from start to finish.
Project Management: I am an effective multi-tasker, and can manage multiple projects within tight deadlines.
My project management approach benefits from high standards for execution and a commitment to efficient
goal-setting, delegation, and preparation. I maintain open, clear lines of communication with project teams,
clients, and key stakeholders to properly execute goals.
Communication and Problem Solving: I work directly with clients to help translate their vision and insights into
project solutions for campaigns, events and visual concepts, meeting specific goals and maintaining brand
standards. I have experience providing direction on project goals to both internal and third party support and
My portfolio of work demonstrates client sensitivity, flexibility, and execution of a variety of ideas. I am avail-
able to discuss my qualifications at your convenience. Thank you for your time and consideration.
Los Angeles, Ca
The Invitational Group, CA | ‘13 ~ Present
• Responsible for executing & maintaining brand consis-
tency on execution of all marketing campaigns & PR.
• Oversee website branding & compliance.
• Review/manage marketing presentations, social media
presence & photo shoots for maintaining brand guide-
• Procure partnerships/sponsorships for brand to boost
• Manage client expectations and execute deliverables for
ECOMM & MARKETING PROJECT MANAGER
Live FAST Magazine, CA | Jul ‘15 ~ Present
• Plan and execute targeted marketing/sales events.
• Manage communications with designers to execute
exclusive product collaborations.
• Create integrated marketing content using affiliate pro-
grams & advertiser partnerships.
• Strategize and write proposals for potential branded
• Strategize design & layout for Ecomm shop.
Theory, CA | ‘13 ~ Jul ‘15
• Collaborate with executive & design teams on merchan-
dising New York base showroom.
• Create & execute internal/external branded visual mer-
chandising directives, training tools & other materials for
managers, teams & major wholesale accounts, including:
Neiman Marcus, Saks, Bloomingdales & Nordstrom.
• Create seasonal stories & concepts.
• Maintain effective brand positioning & relationships
with visual & management teams in major wholesale
accounts to ensure strong partnerships.
• Plan/host seasonal merchandising training.
• Manage wholesale territories (West Coast, Midwest,
Southeast & Southwest) as well as work with internation-
al sales teams to communicate & execute visual direc-
tives for partner stores in Mexico City (3 stores total).
WHOLESALE SHOP MANAGER
Alice and Olivia, NY | ‘10 ~ ‘12
• Managed all aspects of daily business for Bergdorf
Goodman shop-in-shop to meet and exceed goals of $1
million per season.
• Planned and hosted seasonal product knowledge semi-
nars, as well as brand-focused events & trunk shows.
• Created and implemented brand educational materi-
als, selling contests & incentives for Bergdorf Goodman
• Experienced in corporate brand devel-
• Passion for driving growth through strong
creative & innovative strategy.
• Talent in enhancing corporate market-
ability through compelling design, event
planning, digital media & print.
SKILLS & SOFTWARE
• Brand governance
• Mac + PC
• Microsoft Office Suite
• Basic graphic design (Illustrator, Photo-
• Keynote Presentstions
• Mentor designers on brand stategy
• Strategize and execute visual display
• Website visual design direction
• Partnership building
• Product styling
• Copywriting & journalism
• Social media
• Project management
• Event planning & execution
• Visual merchandising
• Leadership & training
• Market research
• Strategic marketing & sales
• Manage clients/external partnerships
Los Angeles, Ca
Boston University, MA ‘04
B.S Journalism & Minor in Spanish
English & Spanish
Melina Collection - Jewelry Line
Event Planning (Trunk Shows), Logo, Web, Social
(Instagram, Facebook) , Lookbook & Photography
Styling, Business Plan presentation
Live FAST Magazine
Integrated marketing content, Halloween shop strategy
presentation, Branding partnership proposal
The Invitational Group
Branding integration: Logo, Website, Sponsorshop deck
Visual merchandising displays, education and concept