Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nagarajan Saravanan
Summary of Experience:-
10 Years extensive experience in Onshore and Offshore fabrication, welding, installation, erection, hook-up
& commissioning, piping and structural and maintenance activities.
Engineering in Mechanical Engineering from Bharathidhasan University, Tamil Nadu -India
• API-510 - Pressure Vessel Inspector / Certificate NO: 54729.
• AWS - Certified Welding Inspector /Certificate NO: 08082711.
• BGAS - Painting Inspector – GRADE 2/Certificate NO: 655859.
NDT Level II in ASNT
• Ultrasonic Testing.
• Radiography Testing.
• Magnetic Particle Testing.
• Liquid Penetrant Testing.
Period : Jan 2013 – Current.
Employer : DNV-GL.
Position : Plant Inspector.
Period : May 2009 – September 2010
Employer : Bureau Veritas, QATAR.
Position : Surveyor (Offshore & Onshore)
Project : Maersk Oil Qatar AS Block 5 Field Development Plan 2005 for EPIC of
15off/Jackets Topsides, Associated bridges and 25off pipelines.
Company Name : Eversendai Engineering, Dubai U.A.E.
Designation : Quality Engineer (Onshore Structural)
Period : May 2006 – July 2007.
Projects : Burj Tower (World Largest Tower), Rose Tower, Index-tower & Dubai
Period : Nov 2010 – Dec 2013, Aug 2008 – April 2009, Sep 2005 – April 2006.
Employer : Alpine Inspection Services.
Position : Plant Inspector.
Company Name : Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited, India.
Designation : Trainee Engineer
Period : September 2004 – September 2005.
• Review of Quality Control Procedure & Inspection Test Plan provided by Contractor.
• Ensure Incoming raw materials in accordance with project specification along with mill test
certificate. Analysis the sample piece for Mechanical properties and chemical properties if
uncertainty using Positive Material Identification or Laboratory and confirm with project
specification for intended application.
• Ensure Quality Control procedure and Inspection Test Plan are implemented.
• Ensure the fabricated parts are fabricated in accordance with revised/approved drawing.
• Generate Non-Conformance Report upon deviation from specification.
• Understand design concepts and translating into production process to meet quality and schedule.
• Co-ordinates with Client’s, Contractor’s, third party agency, design engineer, project lead,
production engineer, fitter, welder and NDE personnel.
• Analysis the technical issue and resolve upon discussion with project team.
• Ensure all required documentation for newly fabricated equipment is received and reviewed for
accuracy prior to the equipment being placed into service. Ensure the newly fabricated
equipment has been implemented into the inspection program.
• Review Welding Procedure Specification, Procedure Qualification Record and Welder
Qualification Record, Welding Machine Certificate.
• Ensure welding consumables are procured in accordance with specification.
• Assist and provide training section for welder
• Conduct Welder Qualification Test and record the parameter’s and qualified upon Soundness of
weld by NDT and Mechanical Testing.
• Establish and Witness Mechanical testing for Plate and Pipe i.e., Tensile-test, Bend-test, Charpy-test
and Hardness test. Correlate test result with specification and corresponding codes and
• Ensure Joint-Configuration in accordance with corresponding WPS.
• Monitoring Pre-heating, Inter-pass temperature and Post-weld heat treatment & check proper Pre-heating
and Inter-pass temperature are maintained in accordance with WPS using appropriate
• Calculate heat input to ensure proper cooling rate, which may affect the mechanical properties
and metallurgical structure of the weld and heat-affected-zone.
• Provide technical guidance for welding sequence and distortion control.
• Carry out Stage-wise Visual inspection before welding, during welding, after welding and
dimension inspection as per Specification.
• Co-ordinates welding section and assist to solve technical problem.
• Familiar with SMAW, GMAW, FCAW, SAW and TIG.
• Review NDE procedure and ensure the procedure is implemented.
• Monitor NDE activities and evaluate the result in accordance with specification.
• Familiar with Liquid Penetrate Test, Magnetic Particle Test, Radiographic Testing and Ultrasonic
• Perform and issue certification of new brands of Penetrant by (Quality and Sensitivity test).
• Ensure NDE equipment’s are calibrated.
• Ensure all NDE activities are performed in accordance with safety regulation.
• Review NDE reports.
• Carryout as received inspection of jacket
• Random witness of sea fastening removal
• Witness jacket lifting and positioning.
• Surveillance during pile welding and driving
• Review of pile driving records
• Review of jacket positioning records(jacket heading, off location, verticality)
• Preparing daily and monthly report.
Platform Hook Up and Commissioning
• Surveillance on completion of piping, structures and mechanical equipment
• Witness pressure Test and Sensitive leak tests
• Surveillance to ensure mechanical completion and issuance of system Release Notes.
• Surveillance during commissioning of Utility systems
• Release platform for introduction of hydrocarbon
• Review of stress monitoring records.
• Surveillance during fabrication of subsea tie-in spools
• Review of bolt tighting.
• Ensure Incoming pipe in accordance with specification and check for concrete damage before
entry to welding tunnel.
• Pipeline laying and Riser Tie-in’s (including subsea tie-in spool installation).
• Periodic surveillance to Joint configuration in accordance with WPS along with drawing.
• Random surveillance of root and hot-pass.
• Ensure anode attached for Cathodic Protection.
• Assess Cleanliness and test substrate for presence of salts.
• Ensure blasted surface in accordance with specification.
• Periodic inspection to wrapping and coating station and check for in accordance with project
• Surveillance to coal-tar filling after wrapping and check for proper temperature is maintained.
Maintenance (Turn-around/Shunt-down) Experience
• Qatar Vinyl Company Doha, Qatar,
• Dolphin Energy limited Doha, Qatar,
• Takreer Refinery Ruwais, Abu-Dhabi, UAE,
• Al-Baryonic Company (SABIC) Jubail, Saudi-Arabia,
• Sadaf Petrochemical Company(SABIC) Saudi-Arabia,
• ADGAS – Offshore Abu-Dhabi, UAE,
• Cairn Energy Private Limited Rawa Terminals, India,
• Mettur Thermal Power Station salem, India,
• Reliance Refinery Jamnagar, India.
• Study and Understand pervious history of assigned equipment’s.
• Carry out internal and external inspection of Heat Exchanger, Columns, Fin-fan-coolers, Heater,
Boilers, Tanks, Reactor and document the findings.
• Co-ordinate with contractor and assists to solve technical issue.
• Perform stage-wise inspection in accordance with turn-around schedule and marked location for
appropriate NDE &interpreting NDE results and issue recommendation if uncertainty.
• Analysis Mechanical damage and sort out the root cause and upgrade with modification of
material to improving mechanical properties.
• Mark TML on ISO-drawing and co-ordinate NDT-UT teams to perform and review the result and
calculate Corrosion rate.
Carry out inspection on thermocouple, thermo-well, and burner-tip and perform appropriate NDT
to ensure its reliability.
• Ensure tube-bundle cleanliness after hydro-jetting.
• Witness Re-tubing of tube-bundle.
• Measure and marked defect location and issue recommendation.
• Witness hydro-test on heat exchanger and fin-fan cooler.
• Witness Pneumatic test on Bellows, tube to tube sheet.
• Perform inspection in accordance with safety regulation, attend safety meeting regularly and
prepare daily log and recommendation.
• Familiar with PSV, PRV, Globe valve and Pilot operated valve.
• Perform inspection of internal parts (Nozzle, spring, bellows, bonnets, inlet and outlet) after
dismantling and documents the findings and if presence of blockage check the corresponding
piping for blockage.
• Witness testing of valves in accordance with manufacture data sheet and check re-installation.
• Ensure dry bulb temperature, wet bulb temperature, dew point temperature and metal temperature
in accordance with specification on painting location.
• Monitoring mixing of paints to ensure the induction time and pot life is maintained.
• Assess cleanliness of blasted surface and check roughness using needle gauge to ensure profile.
• Check WFT & DFT readings and document the result.
Family Name : Nagarajan Mallika Given Name(s): Saravanan
Date of Birth : August- 07 – 1981 Driving license: India
Nationality : Indian.
Marital Status : Married
Language (s ) : English, Tamil & Hindi
Computer skill(s) : MS-Office
Passport Number : F2762555.
Date of Issue : 11-03-2005.
Date of Expiry : 10-03-2015.
Date: (N. SARAVANAN)