Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nakul Atkekar_CV
Nakul Abhay Atkekar
Current MASTERS IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING : RWTH Aachen university , Germany
03.2009 BACHELOR OF ENGINEERING: MECHANICAL : University of Pune, India.
03.2005 DIPLOMA IN MECHANICAL ENGINEERING : Maharashtra state technical university, India
Toyota Motors Europe NV/SA | Research center | Zaventem, Brussels
Internship (Department: Production engineering: Vehicle Quality engineering)
Core responsibility: Advanced quality planning (APQP) for vehicle interior parts.
• Check the design with respect to critical to quality requirements, critical design requirements, mass pro-
duction problems. Suggest ideas for problem solving for all the defects before design freeze.
Supplier quality: Process audits at supplier, checking fixture design approval, and PFMEA review.
Production preparation at Toyota manufacturing locations:
• Proto car build up for vehicle interior parts and check part fitment, functional and perceived quality.
• Counter measure proposal and trials for problem resolution before next build.
• Manage effective coordination between QA, design and supplier for problem resolution of all defects.
Projects: (Duration: 24 Weeks) Development of new methods for 3D tolerance stack-up in design stage.
Current: In production preparation phase, parts assembly variation = Part + assembly variation + bending
which gives rise to gap and flush issues. Current part design only considers part variation.
New method: To accommodate part and assembly variation in design phase for tolerance stack up.
Output: No gap flush and fitment issues. Hence no engineering change, no tool modification = saved costs.
Tata Motors Ltd | Passenger Car Business Unit | Pune, India
Assistant Manager (Department: Quality assurance: Vehicle assembly shop)
Core responsibilities: Ensure vehicle build quality by end of line static and dynamic testing.
• Check vehicle build quality by static (body matching, shower test, underbody, engine house, vehicle inte-
rior and exterior) & dynamic checks (drive testing) at end of line for all production cars.
• Process audits and issue resolution, 8D, TS16949 documentation, quality standards implementation.
• Quality planning for quality gates, critical to quality checks and line quality checking.
• Reduction on customer complaints for obvious defects.
• Coordination between manufacturing and supplier for defects resolution.
• Root cause analysis of the defects and process quality improvement for re-occurrence prevention.
Production preparation for new launch projects:
• Planning & testing of pre launch cars: for static (complete vehicle) and dynamic testing (drive test)
• Enlist all defects, prepare action plan for defect resolution before vehicle launch.
PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:PROFFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE: 6 years & 1 Months6 years & 1 Months6 years & 1 Months6 years & 1 Months
Address: Lodewijk Vankeerberghenstraat 84, 1831 Diegem Belgium.
Mobile: +32 (0) 465764423 | Email : email@example.com
Birth date: 11.12.1985 | Nationality: Indian
Family status: Married | Gender : Male
• English: Expert
• German: Basic working level (B1 level)
Language Awareness:Language Awareness:Language Awareness:Language Awareness:
• Marathi: Regional language: Expert
• Hindi : Regional language: Expert
Industrial Trainings:Industrial Trainings:Industrial Trainings:Industrial Trainings:
1. Six sigma black belt certification.
2. Catia V5 R14.
3. Siemens Product life cycle management.
4. Total Quality management (TQM)
5. Microsoft project
6. Toyota production system
7. 8D, SPC, MSA, project management
9. 3DCS - 3 Dimensional control systems.
10. GD&T - Geometric dimensioning and tolerances.
11. Coordinate measurement machines
• MS Office: Expert
• MS Projects: Expert
• PLM - product lifecycle management: Expert
• CMM Software: Calypso, Metrosoft, PC DMIS
• Catia & Pro E: Intermediate
• SAP: Basic awareness
Computer Awareness:Computer Awareness:Computer Awareness:Computer Awareness:
• (duration: 80 Weeks) | Project coordinator for QA deliverables for new plant setup at Venezuela
⇒ Quality planning & implementation of quality gates, end of line quality checks and audits system.
⇒ Launch quality planning for evaluation stages - Static audits, dynamic audits and drive tests.
⇒ Support to design center for testing of proto vehicles for static and dynamic audits.
• (Duration: 11 weeks) | Re designing and standardizing the vehicle product audit procedure.
Volkswagen India Pvt Ltd | Chakan MIDC | Pune, Maharashtra, India
Assistant Manager (Quality Assurance – Weld shop)
• Planning for inventory management and series measurement schedule for BIW parts.
• Process improvement by standardizing inventory management, part measurement system and fixture
management for quick change over time. Training of all the team members.
• Periodic process audits– Nugget tests, chisel hammer tests, weld gun status, fixture mapping etc.
• Ensure equipment calibration schedule, MSA for CMM.
• Planning and build cubing for vehicle interior parts fitment and feedback to suppliers.
• Plan for Maesterbock build for BIW exterior for evaluation of gap and flush.
• (Duration: 7 weeks) | Six sigma project - Process lead time reduction for BIW measurements.
Restructuring of sheet metal part receipt schedule, inventory planning, measurement process and re-
port generation process optimization, rework reduction.
• (Duration: 4 Weeks) | SMED - Optimizing the lead time required for change of checking fixtures as
per measurement schedule. Output: Easy fixture changes with minimum lead time and efforts.
MSQUARE Engineers Pvt Ltd | Pune, Maharashtra India
MSQUARE is a Cooling tower manufacturing company in India
• Inventory management at Cooling Tower erection site.
• Cooling tower upgrade and repair feasibility study.