Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - __Nancy McCown_resume
NANCY L. McCOWN
7510 Indiana Ave. #6 Mobile 972.841.5303
Little Rock, AR 72207 LoanStarNM@gmail.com
My professional experience covers over twenty years and includes Mortgage Compliance, Foreclosure Review, Residential and
Commercial Mortgage Analyst/Processor/Underwriter, Mortgage Procedures/Programs and Software Training, Property
Preservation monitoring, wrote a start up company’s first Policies and Procedures Manual and Training Manual; and
established three mortgage broker offices and seventeen branch offices nationwide. Prior to mortgage I held a Real Estate
license and owned/managed a Construction/Remodeling/Interior Design Company where I also oversaw all projects,
PROPERTY PRESERVATION LIAISON (Five Brothers Mortgage Services, Warren, Michigan) 1/08/2014–10/31/2014.
US Bank servicing location in Little Rock, Arkansas,for Tennessee Housing Development Agency default properties.
- Responsible for half of the approximately 500 residential homes serviced by this office.
- Monitor and maintain properties for vacancy, pre-foreclosure, foreclosure, eviction, sale and conveyance by ordering,
reviewing and reporting inspections for each property; ensure bids for repairs are reviewed for submission to HUD for
approval; ensure approved or denied bids are entered into the Five Brothers monitoring website in order to proceed with
repairs, and in US Bank data portal (LPS); file appeals to HUD on denied bids, when necessary,via YARDI Systems.
- Ensure repairs and inspections are completed and reported to the appropriate bank departments (bankruptcy,
collection/default, foreclosure, servicing, etc.); coordinate vacancy agreement inspections and eviction process with the
- File hazard claims as needed and monitor repairs and inspections for final conveyance condition; and notify the foreclosure
department of final conveyance condition in order to transfer ownership of the property to HUD.
- This mortgage location was closed 10/31/2014.
PROFESSIONAL SERVICES CONSULTANT (Calyx Point Software, Dallas, Texas) 2/19/2013-7/30/2013
- Consulted with clients on-site, by phone, or online to train them on the use of the company’s proprietary web-based mortgage
software, Calyx Point and Point Central, used for all phases ofthe mortgage process from origination to servicing.
FORECLOSURE REVIEW ANALYST/CONSULTANT for the Promontory Financial Group mortgage foreclosure review project,
Dallas, Texas location. (Solomon Edwards Group, Wayne,Pennsylvania) 11/27/2011-1/07/2013
- Reviewed consumer claims on loan cases and the supporting documentation to report findings on foreclosed mortgages as
mandated by the OCC (Office of the Comptroller of the Currency, government monitoring entity) for the purview years 2009
and 2010 with a team of professionalmortgage consultants.
- Reviewed foreclosed mortgage files and consumer claims for an initial screening to validate accuracy of the fees and/or
penalties assessed,whetheror not loss mitigation procedures were correctly executed within applicable state and federal laws
and that all required procedures were followed.
- Conducted a complete review of the loan file to ensure all default timeframes were processed accurately.
- Reviewed files to determine if ownership of the note and mortgage was properly documented when foreclosure proceedings
were initiated and document any exceptions.
- Determined if the foreclosure proceeding was processed in accordance with applicable state and federal laws, to include
SCRA and US Bankruptcy Codes, and document any exceptions.
- Validated if fees and penalties charged and assessed were reasonable,customary and within the applicable state and federal
laws, and document any exceptions.
- Determined if there is evidence of a direct relationship between loss mitigation procedural errors and harm to the borrower.
All cases were to be subsequently reviewed and a decision rendered by an independent consulting firm.
- Project terminated upon 10 of 14 banks’ settlement agreements with the OCC.
Resume – Page 2
CONTRACT MORTGAGE PROCESSOR/CLOSER for prominent Dallas, Texas area mortgage banks 11/2009–10/2011
- Compiled, analyzed and prepared all initial application documents, automated underwriting, and borrower and third party
documentation for lender underwriting, including title work, appraisal and credit report for Conventional and FHA residential
mortgage loans for submission to underwriting. Achieved junior underwriting authority.
- Prepared pre-closing orders, funding wires and ordered closing documents; assisted in closing after final underwriting
approval. Reviewed and approved HUD-1 settlement statements for closing, and reviewed closed loan documents for
- Responsible for file compliance based on Federal and lender guidelines focusing on RESPA.
- Transaction liaison.
COMMERCIAL MORTGAGE ANALYST/COORDINATOR (Direct Hire/Permanent) 9/2007-4/2009
Imperial Capital Bank, Dallas, Texas (Commercial Mortgage Banker based in LaJolla, California)
- Finalized application documentation for the top five loan officers on a proprietary systemto prepare loan files for
underwriting. Transaction liaison.
- Nominated and awarded Employee of the Quarter, Q4 2008, for outstanding performance. (Nomination letter available)
- Researched, prepared, collected, compiled and analyzed for due diligence all application documents,automated underwriting,
borrower and third party documentation for internal underwriting, including OFAC, Lexis-Nexis and business credit reports.
- Researched, prepared and analyzed property financials to determine net operating income for debt coverage ratios.
- Analyzed files for qualification, accuracy and content to ascertain that files submitted for underwriting and closing were
compliant with Federal and lender guidelines focusing on RESPA, prior to submission to internal underwriting.
- All mortgage offices were closed by FDIC mandate due to being under-leveraged.
COMMERCIAL LOAN PROCESSOR/CLOSER (Temp to Hire) 6/2004-4/2006
Marcus & Millichap Capital Corp., Dallas, Texas (Commercial Mortgage Banker based in Irvine, California)
- Finalized commercial mortgage originations for producing director and 2 loan officers on a proprietary systemto submit files
for underwriting. Total first year closed loan volume: $155,670,971.
- Analyzed and prepared property financials and borrower information on commercial mortgage loans for underwriting;
processed files from application to closing for apartment complexes, office buildings, retail, single tenant.
- Research, prepare and analyze property financials to determine net operating income for debt coverage ratios; compile and
analyze borrower information, financials and due diligence reports to ascertain qualification, accuracy, content and
compliance with Federal and lender guidelines focusing on RESPA, prior to submission to underwriting.
- Transaction liaison.
QUALITY ASSURANCE MANAGER (Direct Hire) 5/2002-12/2003
Availent Mortgage, Inc., Dallas, Texas (Residential Correspondent Mortgage Banker)
- Direct report to President and Operations Manager.
- Audited closed loan files and reviewed marketing materials to ensure compliance with all RESPA and Fair Housing Laws.
- Performed or outsourced all Quality Control Auditing. Responsible for overseeing file compliance for investorpurchase.
- Created and maintained the company’s first Operations Manual. Created and maintained internal reports an d data, and
MasterApproval lists for Appraisers and Brokers nationally.
- Controlled proprietary information for lenders’ websites/Calyx Point/LP/DO/FHA Connection.
- Company went bankrupt. Was considered the company ‘cheerleader’ during the demise.
NATIONAL SYSTEMS TRAINER (promoted to Quality Assurance Manager)
Availent Mortgage, Inc., Dallas, Texas (Residential Correspondent Mortgage Banker)
- Direct assistant to the President; worked closely with accounting staff; posted interim mortgage payments to accou nts and
forwarded payments to investors prior to selling loans in bulk, after the company became a correspondent broker.
- Responsible for all computer and program training. Created and distributed training and orientation manuals.
- Researched, assessed,ordered,installed and maintained all computers and software for processing mortgage loans.
- Maintained software licenses and employee logins. Negotiated and approved contracts with all new vendors.
- Created forms and documents for marketing presentation packets, employee handbooks,and partnership agreements.
- Organized training schedules; trained employees of all 17 branches and corporate operations staff.
- Implemented set up for 17 national branch offices and processed licensing. Performed and approved all background checks.
- Liaison to all parties including company employees.
Resume – Page 3
Account executive for a major mortgage banker, Dallas, Texas
- Built and maintained a $6.2 million pipeline consisting primarily of loans for new Texas Home Equity Cash-out Law; FHA
and otherConventional loans.
Branch Operations Manager for network mortgage broker, Dallas, Texas
- Established and managed three branch offices and operations (two of which were for the same broker).
- Trained and supervised staff for small office.
- Negotiated and approved contracts with all lenders and suppliers.
- Liaison to all parties to the loan transaction.
Loan Originator Assistant and Processor for mortgage broker, Dallas, Texas
- Built and maintained multi-million dollar monthly pipeline.
- Processed and closed prime and sub-prime purchase and refinance loans for the same residential mortgage brokers as above.
EXPERIENCE PRIOR TO MORTGAGE
Owner/General Manager/Interior Designer/Sales –
Residential and Light Commercial Turnkey Construction/Remodeling and Interior Design Company, Shreveport, Louisiana.
- Negotiated and managed projects to $2million. Planned, designed,built or remodeled, and decorated many well-known
establishments and restaurants,two historic buildings, several private residences and three historic homes.
- Managed thirteen rental income properties and one historic home retained for our office and full service Interior Design
studio. Acquired Trade Center experience.
- Rookie Real Estate Agent of the Year. Top 10% list first three years in real estate as a multi-million dollar producer.
Maintained Louisiana Real Estate license in order to buy and sell properties in my construction company; retained and
managed thirteen rental properties.
- Pending NMLS application
- Over 20 years experience in mortgage industry related positions; self-study and many various classes in State of Texas and
Federal mortgage banking laws
- Proficient in a multitude of software and internet programs through classes and self-study
- Active Arkansas Life and Annuity license
- Active Texas Life and Health Insurance license
- Anthony Robbins Personal Power Seminars, Skills of Power “Fire Walker”