Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Narayan Jayaraman
343 Bussel Crescent, Milton ON L9T 0W5
• Chartered Accountant with 8 years of professional experience in financial control & reporting within the
Banking Industry and auditing;
• Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) awarded by Ernst & Young Bahrain in 2009;
• Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) from Mumbai University with accounting as major;
• Fluent English communication skills, suitable for verbal and written presentations.
ICICI Bank Canada, Toronto
Manager – Accounting & MIS
ICICI Bank Canada is a full-service direct bank with an asset base of about C$5.5 billion as at March 31, 2014, and a
member of the Canada Deposit Insurance Corporation (“CDIC”). The Bank offers a wide range of financial solutions to
cater to personal, commercial, corporate, investment, treasury and trade requirements.
o ASSISTING THE CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER (CFO) IN PREPARING THE ANNUAL BUSINESS PLAN AND STRATEGY PRESENTATION FOR
PRESENTING TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND SENIOR MANAGEMENT OF THE PARENT BANK IN INDIA.
o Constant Interaction with the heads of business groups, treasury and retail banking
for formulating the strategy to achieve the business objectives.
o Instrumental in successfully implementing the Mortgage related hedge program within
the bank by co-ordinating with the head of treasury, risk and external consultants
in a timely and efficient manner.
o Manage the internal Management Information System (MIS) reporting function for the Bank on a monthly and a
quarterly basis. This includes reviewing:
• Monthly & Quarterly MIS reports with variances prepared for onward submission to the Head Office –
Finance based in Mumbai.
• Monthly Management Committee Presentation prepared and circulated for the senior management of
ICICI Bank Canada.
• Monthly & Quarterly submission of financial data to the Office of the Superintendent of Financial
• Quarterly Board Presentation for financial data.
• Preparing & Circulating the internal businesswise profit & loss statement on
a monthly basis.
• Assisting the Senior Manager – Finance in preparation of the monthly and the
quarterly financial statements of the Bank in compliance with International
Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS)
• Interaction with the statutory auditors of the Bank on a quarterly basis to
ensure smooth conduct of the statutory audit.
• Updating the IFRS and related knowledge by constant reading of publications by Big 4s and other
relevant materials to ensure value addition to the financial reporting process of the Bank.
ICICI Bank Limited, India
Manager, Financial Accounting & Reporting Group (FARG)
ICICI Bank is India's largest private sector bank with total assets of US$ 124.8
billion at March 31, 2014 and profit after tax of US$ 1.6 billion for the year
ended March 31, 2014. The Bank has a network of 3,763 branches and about 11,447
ATMs in India and presence in 19 countries.
o Was a part of the US GAAP consolidation team of the Bank involved in preparation of annual financial
statements and 20F for submission to Securities Exchange Commission (SEC US) in compliance with US GAAP
o Was involved in reviewing the financial policies and processes of various aspects of ICICI Bank Limited financial
statements to ensure compliance with the local accounting requirements
Ahli United Bank B.S.C
Assistant Manager – Financial Reporting & Control
Ahli United Bank B.S.C is a locally incorporated bank in the Kingdom of Bahrain providing corporate banking, treasury
and retail banking services in Bahrain, Kuwait, Oman, Egypt, UK through its subsidiaries and
• Preparation of consolidated financial statements of the Group on a quarterly basis in compliance with IFRS.
• Preparation of the annual report of the Group including the Management Discussion
and Analysis (MD&A)
• Deputed on a short term basis to Ahli United Bank Egypt (AUBE), a subsidiary in
Cairo to manage temporarily the Finance function and to streamline the Management
Information System (MIS Reporting) of the Bank.
• Awarded the Diploma in International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) by Ernst & Young Bahrain in 2009.
Assistant Manager - Audit & Assurance
KPMG Fakhro Bahrain
KPMG Fakhro is an affiliate of KPMG Global one of the leading firms for auditing, advisory and taxation in the world.
• Assisting the manager in auditing of financial statements of KPMG clients in Bahrain prepared in accordance
• Advising the clients on the necessary changes in their accounting policies and practices to ensure compliance
with local requirements and IFRS.
Chartered Accountancy (CA) - Institute of Chartered Accountants of
Bachelor of Commerce (B.Com) - University of Mumbai 200
• Attended Leadership Management Programme, a two day course focused on leadership provided to
potential leaders within ICICI Bank Limited