Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Narender_Kumar_Linux_Visualization_Admin
BB-37, Street -6, Sheetla Enclave,
Gurgaon –122001, Haryana.
• Dec-12 to till now Dell International Services, Gurgaon System Admin Advisor
• Jun-11 to Dec-12 HCL Technology Ltd., Noida Sr. Specialist
• Oct-08 to Jun-11 Indiabulls Financial Services Ltd., Gurgaon System Administrator
• Feb-08 to Sep-08 Microchip InfoTech Systems Pvt. Ltd., Delhi Customer Support Engg.
• Feb-06 to Feb-08 Microtek International Pvt. Ltd., Delhi Network Support Engineer
• Nov-04 to Feb-06 Su-Kam Power Systems Ltd., Gurgaon IT Executive
• Red Hat Certified Engineer (RHCE) on RHEL5.
• Red Hat Certified Virtualization Administrator on RHEV 3.1 (KVM).
• Red Hat Certified System Administrator in Red Hat OpenStack 6.0
• Trained on networking concepts like TCP/IP, Network classes, Switches, Routers, Sub-netting.
• Trained on VMware ESXi 4 conducted by Indiabulls in Jun 2010.
• Internal training in Dell on VMware ESXi 5.
• B.Sc (IT) from Punjab Technical University (PTU).
• 3 ½ years Diploma in Computer Engineering from Haryana State Board of Technical Education.
1 of 4
Offering total 10.8+ years of professional experience in IT Support (Linux, Solaris, KVM, VMware, OpenStack and
Networking) and Datacenter management.
8+ years of experience on core Linux & Virtualization Administration with expertise in implementation & operations
ability to work on Openstack projects.
Comprehensive experience in Data Center Management. Proficient in writing shell scripts to automate the UNIX
Always trying to share new ideas to make infrastructure better and believes in finding the root cause and fixing the issues
- OS & Versions : Redhat Linux (RHEL 4, 5, 6, 7), Suse Linux(SLE 11) & Solaris(8-10)
- File Systems : ext2, ext3, ext4, xfs, ocfs2, UFS, ZFS
- Network Services : NFS, Samba, FTP, DNS, DHCP, NTP, SSH, Sendmail, HTTP, Squid Proxy
- Securities : SELinux, PAM, ACL, , Boot/Login Setting, Encrypt Files, IPTables, TCP Wrapper
- Disk Management : RAID(0,1,5,1+0,0+1) , Linux Volume Manager (LVM), VxVM
- Clusters : Red Hat Cluster, Oracle RAC, VCS
- Installation Types : Yum, Kickstart, Jumpstart
- Performance Utility : iostat, vmstat, netstat, sar, ksar, strace, tcpdump, etc.
- Monitoring tools : Nagios, BMC Patrol
- Implement, Manage and and troubleshoot the OpenStack.
- Configuring and manage the users and services with the Keystone Identity service.
- Configure and manage the Swift Object Storage Service and Glance Image service.
- Creating and managing Cinder volumes.
- Configure and manage Ceph and Gluster as a Back End for Cinder.
- Manage and troubleshoot the Neutron Networking service.
- Creating bridge networks for internal and external access.
- Manage and troubleshoot the Nova Compute and Controller Services.
- Manage and troubleshoot Ceilometer Telemetry service.
- Configuration of virtual Network and Storage.
- Manage and troubleshot the Heat Orchestration Service.
- Create and manage the instances.
- Installation, Configuration, Administration and troubleshooting of VMware vSphere4/5 and RHEVM 3.
- Installation and configuration of vCenter and RHEV-Manager.
- Proficient on vMotion, Storage vMotion, HA, DRS, sDRS.
- Setting up Users and Groups roles to access the Virtual Center.
- Configuration of virtual Network and Storage.
- Creating and managing Virtual Machines and Templates.
- Configure Alarms to monitor resource usage and high severity events.
- Converting Servers using P2V/V2V.
- Generating resources & performance reports.
• STORAGE/SERVERS HARDWARES
- Configure and troubleshot the SAN/NAS on UNIX servers using PowerPath and DM-Multipath.
- Manage and troubleshot the servers h/w i.e. Dell Power Edge and HP ProLiant servers and Chassis (M1000e).
- Faulty parts replacement on servers i.e. Disks, Power supplies, CPUs, RAMs, Cables.
2 of 4
- Configure alert notification on iDrac, ILO.
JOB ROLES & PROJECTS
• DELL International Services Pvt. Ltd.(Current)
- Manage Red Hat/Centos/Solaris administration on ~1000 systems for an external client.
- Manage and troubleshoot the KVM/VMware infrastructure.
- New build physical & Virtual servers and Configure as per application/database requirement.
- Develop procedure documents of implementation for common recurring activities i.e. patching, bounces.
- Discover and remediate the vulnerabilities on Linux systems.
- Run Security scans and implement the PCI security standards to make Linux systems compliance.
- Coordinate among different teams to get the projects done i.e. Storage, Network, and LDAP etc.
- RAID configuration on physical servers and Switch Port configuration on CMCs.
- SAN/NAS Storage devices configuration on Linux servers to use in ASM and RAC.
- Writing Shell Scripts to automate the recurring activities.
- Update firmware (bios, PERC, iDrac, LCC) to make the h/w updated and OS patching.
- Manage the Redhat subscriptions and configure the Linux servers on RHN for latest OS updates and bug fixes.
- Provides fixes of the recurring issues on varies Linux Servers.
- Successful Migration of Hilton Datacenter from Memphis to FLORENCE TECHNOLOGY CENTER.
- Deployed the tripwire on 550+ UNIX servers to monitor and alert on specific file changes.
- Configured the centralized repository server using “mrepo” and kickstart for network installation.
- Deployed the bash script to collect the Critical updates available from all servers on center server.
- Deployed cfg2html on all servers to collect the system configurations in html format.
- Successful DR exercise of 120+ Linux servers.
- Developed SOP documents for different exercises i.e. OS Patching, Firmware upgrade & OS bounces.
- Provided internal training on RHEV (KVM) and OpenStack.
• HCL Technologies Ltd.
- Worked with global customers i.e. First Gulf Bank and Deutsche Bank.
- Managed and troubleshot the Redhat/SUSE Linux, VMware & KVM infrastructures.
- The Job responsibilities were more over similar as current in Dell.
- Deployed KVM to configure multiple Jump servers to access the customer’s infrastructure.
- Created procedure and schedule plan for Linux patching and firmware upgrade.
- Migrated Virtual Machines from OVM, Xen to VMware and decommissioned the OVM and Xen.
- Developed many SOP documents for L1 team.
- Configured multiple Red Hat GFS Clusters to mount GFS File system.
3 of 4
• INDIABULLS Financial Services Ltd
- Responsible to manage the head office Datacenter along with two other datacenters in Delhi-NCR.
- Planning and execution of the project work for any Linux, Datacenter, and VMware infrastructure.
- Manage and troubleshot the Servers issue in Datacenter, i.e. new built, connectivity, configuration etc.
- Manage the Datacenter inventories up2date and revised time to time.
- Worked on incidents, requests, change requests and other procurement requests.
- Login cases for different vendors to get the supports on h/w and software, i.e. Oracle, Dell, EMC, IBM, etc.
- Migrated Datacenter which was hosted in third party facility to Head office datacenter.
- Deployed 4 node VMware setup with ESXi-4 in Head office datacenter.
- Created and migrated multiple small size virtual machines on VMware for development teams.
- Upgraded the Head office datacenter on Dell PowerEdge servers and VMware.
- Migrated 50+ physical server board desktops on VMware which were being used by Development teams.
- Created shell script to auto sync the Oracle database archives with DR sites.
- Created shell script to send notification to Storage/Unix admin if storage path goes dead/inactive
- Configured Nagios monitoring for UNIX servers.
- Upgraded the OS from RHEL4 to RHEL5 on all servers associated with “Indiabulls Housing Loan unit”.
• Microchip InfoTech Systems Pvt. Ltd.
- Responsible for providing onsite support to the domestic customer on Linux servers.
- Managed and troubleshot 20+ Linux servers which were hosting robotic programs in manufacturing unit.
• At Microtek International Pvt. Ltd.
- Responsible for providing Internal IT support for Windows, Linux, Networking and Network Printers etc.
- Managed and maintained the IT asset inventory.
- Responsible for interacting with vendors, i.e. HP, Net4India, ISPs etc.
- Deployed first Linux server with RHEL4 and configured sendmail to download the mails from Net4India domain,
which were costing per email ID based.
• Su-Kam Power Systems Ltd.
- Responsible for providing internal IT support for Desktop, Network printer, OS installation etc.
- Managing IT asset inventories and revised it time to time.
- Login cases with vendor for h/w or software supports.
4 of 4