Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - NatalieAloyetsArtelResume_AcademicAdvising
Natalie Aloyets Artel
331 Benner Street • Highland Park, NJ 08904
732-535-0928 • email@example.com
Results-driven Student Advisor with extensive experience working within a higher education
institution. Demonstrated skills in judgment, decision-making, and problem solving paired with
thorough knowledge of advising and counseling techniques, and understanding of multiple majors,
colleges and schools. Able to provide crucial advise in order to support students at risk of dropping
out of their course and enable them to remain at University and succeed in their chosen course of
• Counselling & Advice • Academic Follow Up • Career Options
• Program Requirements • Student Progression • Assessment Testing
• Training & Guidance • Student Lifecycle • Conduct & Compliance
EXPERIENCES AND ACHIEVEMENTS
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF ARTS & SCIENCE 2012 – Present
• Supported academic efforts to produce knowledgeable and well-rounded students by
engaging students and helping them attain their full academic potential.
• Participated in the development of nurture strategies to drive engagement with students in
the retention/probation program.
• Developed dynamic relations with students in order to support their educational and career
success, providing guidance on academic policies and regulations, post-graduate
opportunities, and other resources available for academic and personal support.
• Conducted regular meetings with students to understand their academic history, interests,
and goals helping them make the best decision for their time at Rutgers University and
• Supported and advised students in the development of their skills, with particular focus on
personal aspirations, resilience, and independence through transitions seminar.
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF SOCIAL WORK 2008 – Present
Academic Project Coordinator
• Guided and advised students on all pathways and courses of study and academic
• Helped students define and achieve their academic goals by counseling on degree-specific
programs and procedures.
• Created and delivered student oriented training programs that helped in the achievement of
short and long-term academic objectives of a diverse student population.
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF DENTAL MEDICINE 2002 – 2008
• Delivered high quality advice and guidance to students across a very broad range of issues
including academic regulations, academic planning, and processes across the student
• Provided accessible, student-centered advice on exploration of major/minor requirements,
career options, and residency programs.
NATALIE ALOYETS ARTEL
Resume, Page 2
• Reviewed admissions portfolios and undergraduate transcripts assessing admissions
RUTGERS UNIVERSITY, SCHOOL OF PUBLIC HEALTH 2000 – 2002
• Provided guidance to special groups, including first generation, transfer students, and
• Responded to student inquiries regarding academic curriculum issues.
• Conducted assessment testing to help students better formulate their career goals.
• Successfully directed master–level field experience course.
EDUCATION, AFFILIATIONS & LICENSE
Master of Science, Social Work, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Bachelor of Science, Rutgers University, New Brunswick, NJ
Member, National Academic Advising Association
Member, National Association of Social Workers
Licensed Social Worker