Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nathan Brown_Resume_2016
Email: email@example.com Date of Birth: 30th March, 1982
Mobile Phone: +61 (0)422851956
Qualified Chartared Accountant Planning Manager Business Change
Financial Analyst Banking Products Financial Modelling
System Analysis Banking & Asset management Project Management
KEY EMPLOYER OVERVIEW
* Periods in years rounded to the nearest quarter where applicable
HSBC (UK) Banking 4.5+
Group Planning Manager, Group
Consultancy 3.5 Senior Analyst
Project Accountant / Group
Flight Centre (Australia) Travel & Leisure 2.0 Financial / Management Accountant
Alwyn Peffer (Australia)
2.0 Business Service Tax Accountant
IT SYSTEM SKILLS:
IBM SYSTEMS: TM1, Cognos Contributor and Saracen Super User
ORACLE: Hyperion Enterprise Expert User (4 years)
SUN SYSTEMS General (2 Years)
ACCOUNTANCY SYSTEMS: Solution 6, MYOB General (2 Years)
MICROSOFT: Excel, Office Suite, PowerPoint Expert Level (8 Years)
Qualification Type Details / Location
Chartered Accountant (CA)
Australia Institute of Chartered
Prince2 Practitioner Project Management ILX, London, United Kingdom
Bachelor Degree BA
Bachelor of Commerce
(Accounting and Finance)
Griffith University, Brisbane, Australia
Senior School Graduation Senior Certificate St Augustine’s College, Cairns, Australia
HIGHLY RESTRICTED - 1 of 3
HSBC, London December 2010 to
Position: Group Planning Manager, Business Perfor ma nce & MI, Banking
• Delivery of Global Annual Operating Plan (and forecasts) process, requirements and
deadlines in line with Group Management Board expectations.
• Preparation of Group Management Board presentations and monthly packs.
• Deputise for the Group Head of Planning and Analysis.
• Business Partnering with the Global Businesses, Group Finance, Group Regulartory &
Capital, IT and Regional finance teams to facilitate a joined up approach on overall
delivery of the AOP process.
• Building relationships and influence leadership teams across the organisation.
• Development and maintain strong network of contacts with key senior management
across the group (Capital Planning, Risk and Regional Analysts).
• Providing meaningful insights and analysis of the group results by managing a reporting
function in a worldwide scale, interacting with people in all time zones in a constantly
changing regulatory environment.
• Seen as an active and participative member of the team, proactively sharing knowledge
and best practices with the wider MI community, providing guidance in a supportive and
constructive manner to offshore teams.
• A strong understanding of HSBC organisational structure across regions, business and
• Functional reporting manager of onshore and virtual offshore staff.
Environ me n t al Resources Manage me n t, London June 2007 to
Position: Senior Analyst, Environ me n t al Consulting
• Project Manager/Lead designer of the purchase and implementation of a new global
consolidated finance system.
• Hyperion Enterprise administrator
• Design and production of a new excel global consolidated reporting pack.
• Design and production of new global budget templates.
• Identifying financial risks and currency variances company wide.
• Verification of variances within current monthly reporting packs.
• Co-ordinate and liaise with US IT personnel with updates and system irregularities.
• Production of ad-hoc analytical reports for Global Finance Director.
• Designing financial models and analytics for global distribution. (Microsoft Excel level:
• Process improvement of global sales reporting and management of sale analyst
Boeing Australia Limited, Australia August 2006 to May 2007
Position: Project Accounta n t/Group Accoun tan t, Aviation
• Responsible for the financial management of all capabilities (cost centres) including
identifying financial risks and opportunities for Boeing Australia and reporting these to
• Preparation of budgets, forecasts and analysis
• Co-ordinate and lead the regular reviews of Capability (Shared Service) Departments
financial results, budgets and forecasts
• Provide advice to corporate functional managers on financial risks and opportunities in
managing their budgets and allocations.
HIGHLY RESTRICTED - 2 of 3
• Maintenance of Profit & Loss, Overhead and Balance Sheet forecasts.
• Identify training needs and provide financial training to corporate functional managers as
required on accounting and other financial issues.
• Subject Matter expert for allocation of overheads to projects, ensuring correct accounting
treatment and fair allocation across projects.
• Forecasting, Reporting and Financial Management of new business opportunities,
including Business Perpetuation expenses, orders, sales and key financial variables.
• Principle director of 2007 Restructure Project
Fligh t Centre Limited, Australia October 2004 to August 2006
Financial and Manage me n t Accounta n t , Air Transport a t io n
• Preparation of monthly financial statements and management accounts.
• Analysis and interpretation of monthly results and follow up on significant variances
• Reconciliation and internal audit of all client accounts.
• Preparation of consolidated results each month
• Auditing of general accounts on a periodic basis.
• Training of all financial systems and processes on shop visits and facilitating structured
• Preparation of annual budgets and monthly re-forecasts.
• Assisting with special projects and the implementation of systems and process
• Design an implementation of Financial Models
• Business profitability and viability models
• Global Ball attendee in 2006, Most Improved Finance Team world wide.
Alwyn Peffer & Company Pty Ltd, Australia January 2003 to
Business Service Tax Accoun tan t, Chartered Accoun tancy
• Exposure to a Chartered Accounting firm atmosphere
• Preparation of Individual, Company, Trust & Superannuation Fund Tax returns and
• Preparation of family entities and allocation of distributions
Provided on request.
HIGHLY RESTRICTED - 3 of 3