Nathan Omare CV_H1 2016
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nathan Omare CV_H1 2016
Nathan OmareNathan Omare
Address: 47 Manor Drive, Esher, KT10 0AZ
Mobile: 077 2033 0189 (Personal), 078 2460 7593 (Work)
High performing marketing and customer insight professional, possessing comprehensive marketing
planning, strategic brand/product research skill as well as extensive staff and project management
experience. Excellent financial planning and commercial forecasting skills utilised in driving
performance. An aptitude to work well under pressure, to tight deadlines and within budgets, as well
as possessing imagination and sound creative judgement.
• Strong stakeholder management and influencing at senior management / board level.
• Proven experience of integrating the strategic with the operational within multi-national and
• Board level interpersonal skills, possessing ability to translate data into tangible actionable points.
• Solid background and experience in both quantitative and qualitative research techniques.
• Tangible knowledge of industry recognised data analytical tools.
• Proven skills in developing segmentation, propensity and pricing models.
• Possessing the ability to identify problems and recommend pragmatic actionable solutions.
• Innovative and agent for change – confidence to bring forward challenges and new ideas.
• Extensive team leader management experience.
• Excellent presentation skills and working knowledge of graphical and spreadsheet packages.
Vertu Luxury Mobiles, Hampshire
Global Head of Consumer & Market Intelligence
Nov 14 - Present
A pivotal aspect of the role is to influence and drive the Vertu global strategic programme up to board
level through the translation of insights into business hypothesis; providing thought leadership &
recommendations to impact long-term business step changes. Act as an advocate for CRM and Loyalty
programmes, expanding their reach beyond traditional channels.
• Created loyalty, retention, advocacy and win-back programme across multiple segments and
regions. Ensuring a thorough understanding of the ever-evolving customer loyalty programme
• Identified current and anticipated future business opportunities to maximise engagement from
high value customers.
• Conceived brand strategy research programme, resulted in a fundamental change to brand
purpose and positioning; rolled out globally with colleagues united behind a common vision.
• Designed the voice of the customer programme that encompasses customer engagement at
multiple touch points; assessing and addressing the needs, behaviours and attitudes of key
• Built, monitored and implemented strategic brand & customer KPIs beyond reporting - developed
action plans and roadmaps; identifying and working alongside stakeholders.
• Constructed NPD and product commercial programme – feasibility study exploring and prioritising
business product initiatives.
• Designed Addressable Markets programme; forecasting new market opportunities (volume and
value of new geographies and segments).
• Manage, guide and mentor of non-market research professionals.
Nathan Omare CV Page 1 of 3
Experian Global Strategic Development, London
Head of Market & Competitor Insight
April 13 – Oct 14
Successfully championed customer engagement drivers with buy-in from senior board level; seen as an
authority and a valuable component in the overall global business strategy.
• Designed the “End Consumer Needs” programme, a three-year global strategy roadmap,
placing insight at the heart of our future products propositions; generating 15+ product
concepts, several going to market.
• Orchestrated alignment of brand strategy execution and performance (includes growth
revenue, profit improvement and cost management)
• Identified knowledge gap in ascertaining marketing needs and potential growth for existing
product portfolio; forecasted market sizing and revenue opportunities.
• Developed voice of the customer (user experience) programme, which resulted in 10%
reduction in call centre contacts.
• Led Analytics teams in developing segmentation, propensity and pricing models; resulting in an
improvement of 15% to customer satisfaction levels.
• Managed CRM and Analytics teams, providing leadership in designing, developing, executing,
and supporting data driven solutions leading to uplift in repeat purchases.
Experian Consumer Services, London
Head of Research
Apr 08 – Mar 13
Act as chief customer advocate: deliver top drivers of customer dissatisfaction and attrition and
develop plans to mitigate.
• Successfully managed strategic planning process; consulting key stakeholders across all business
divisions, developing strong relationships to represent the voice of the consumer/customer.
• Created new business KPIs and the development of more ambitious BHAGS that correlated with
both operational and customer performance metrics.
• Executed communication programme; deciphering relevant pieces of insight to make the
connection across several pieces of research tailored for individual areas of the business.
• Implemented geographical strategic expansion programme, ensuring diversified growth strategy
comes with less risk and greater long-term potential; resulted in the rollout of three markets.
Yahoo! Europe, London
Market Research Manager, Europe
Feb 07 – Mar 08
Drive and generate actionable insights to support marketing and operational teams across the
business, and being a champion of consumer and trade understanding.
• Successfully managed market research team spanning multiple markets, incorporating best
practice approach and leveraging insights from other regions.
• Proactive translation of business needs into concrete proposals for all elements of marketing
strategy (working closely with specialist teams in each respective area), developing a research
programme that is championed by all members of the research team.
• Introduced client engagement programme to reduce churn; resulted in uplift in revenue and
greater accountability amongst all business units (key business performance indicators).
• Introduced long-term Digital Convergence roadmap, exploring the link between platforms, and
the impact on revenue streams through segmentation techniques.
Visa Europe, London
Market Research Manager, Europe
Nov 04 – Jan 07
Provide thought leadership to generate, and maintain business initiatives that deliver effective
strategic guidance and performance measurements for Visa management.
• Provided added value insight for strategic decisions by introducing a Brand Tracker that has
resulted in a greater understanding at both market and consumer levels – gaining foresight into
Nathan Omare CV Page 2 of 3
consumer behaviour, member strategies and developments.
• Managed DE, SE & UK Remote Digital Payments (CNP-Card Not Present) Project- monitoring and
reporting relevant issues to improve our sell in and sell through performance, resulted in uptake
of Visa by local merchants - distilling key customer and market insights into other Nordic markets.
• Introduced greater communication by creating research workshops and forums, taking research to
the forefront of Visa’s strategic decision marketing process.
Freelance Contractor Feb 03 – Oct 04
• Geronimo Marketing Consultancy - leading insight programme working on Nestle account.
• MFI Europe - Customer Insight and Planning Manager - Managed customer insight programme,
recommending actions and advising on applicable marketing research across the MFI retail
network and digital platform, which resulted in a 20% cost saving.
• Freeview – Insight Consultant – Brand & customer experience programmes with Dixon Group.
Vodafone Content Services UK, London
Senior Planning & Research Manager
Jul 01 – Jan 03
• Set-up the Strategic Marketing Planning & Research team of Vodafone Content Services.
• Centre-point for new strategies and ideas: spreading best ideas across the business and
generating new ideas, which contribute to the successful achievement of key objectives.
• Developed brand proposition, which successfully led to the removal of the Vizzavi brand; Vizzavi
services incorporated as part of the Vodafone Live! Experience.
• Implemented Pan-European Segmentation programme.
Excite Europe (British Telecommunications), London
Head of European Research
May 00 – Jun 01
• Set-up the Excite Pan-European Research Department across five countries.
• Successfully developed and implemented marketing and sales plans.
• Identified market trends and strategic brand proposition based on new consumer insights,
increasing awareness by 40%.
GMTV, London Television Centre, London
Deputy Head of Research
Jun 99 – May 00
• Championed Research across GMTV – raised team profile, accountability through business critical
research, took research to the forefront of the company.
Flextech Television (Virgin Media) Limited, London.
Mar 94 – Jun 99
• Set-up the Market Research Department.
• Identified and developed brand proposition for over 12 television channels through the marketing
mix including Discovery, Bravo, Trouble and Challenge.
YMG Carat Limited (Research Agency), London
Media Research Executive
Apr 91 – Mar 94
• Media planning and marketing evaluation of advertising campaigns across multiple industries.
1987 – 1990 University of Hertfordshire, Hatfield, Hertfordshire
Course: Bsc in Business Operations with Honours
General Interests: Reading, music, movies, football, gym, running, tennis and bar-football
Nathan Omare CV Page 3 of 3