A wonderful lip balm recipe made with natural beet root.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Natural beet-root-lip-gloss
Natural Beet Root Lip Gloss
Recipe makes approximately 16- 6ml lip containers.
Beet Root Powder
BEESWAX White Pastilles
VITAMIN E OIL (Tocopherol T-50) Natural
MICA- DIAMOND DUST Pigment 1oz
Clear Jar with NATURAL Lid Set 6 ml.
Other Ingredients & Equipment You'll Need:
Total Recipe Weights:
42 grams Sunflower Oil
9 grams Beet Root Powder
65 grams Shea Butter
30 grams Coconut Oil 76
6 grams Beeswax
1 gram Vitamin E Oil
1 gram of Juicy Watermelon flavoring
1. Clean & Sanitize your work area and all of your packaging materials. It is suggested that you
wear gloves, protective clothing, and a hair net while preparing this recipe.
2. Weigh out the proper amounts of shea butter and beeswax.
3. In a double boiler, melt your shea butter and beeswax since they are solid, and they need to
be in a liquid state for this recipe. Be careful not to get your oils/butters too hot or you will ruin
them. Stir occasionally.
4. Next, weigh out the proper amounts of sunflower oil, vitamin E and flavoring. Set aside.
5. Once the double boiler method has melted your shea butter and beeswax, remove this from the
heat source and let cool slightly, but do not allow to return to solid state.
6. While you are waiting for your mixture to cool, weigh out the appropriate amounts of coconut
oil 76 and beet root powder.
7. Using the double boiler, melt the coconut oil 76. Make sure not to get this too hot, or you will
ruin this oil.
8. While the coconut oil 76 is melting, lay out a piece of wax paper. Fold the wax paper in half.
Along one of the side edges, make about a one inch fold again. Repeat on the other side.
9. Now, in the opening of the wax paper, place your weighed out beet root powder. Carefully, set
this on a flat surface.
10. Taking your rolling pin, slowly roll the beet root powder to break up any clumps. Be careful
not to spill any of the beet root powder out. If you have a sifter, you may want to sift your beet
root powder to remove any fine clumps.
11. Next, take the clump free beet root powder and place it into your mixing bowl. Set aside.
12. Once the coconut oil 76 is in a liquid state, add this to your mixing bowl containing the beet
root powder. Stir with a fork until all clumps are once again gone.
13. Next, add the other weighed out ingredients to your melted shea butter/beeswax mixture,
14. Then, add your beet root paste. Stir.
15. Optional step- Add a dash of mica. Stir.
16. Place your mixture into lip containers using a spoon.
17. Allow to cool at room temperature.
We hope that you enjoy our Beet Lip Gloss!
Natures Garden is not responsible for the performance of any of the recipes provided on our
website. Testing is your responsibility. If you plan to resell any recipes we provide, it is your
responsibility to adhere to all FDA regulations. If there are ingredients listed in a recipe that
Natures Garden does not sell, we cannot offer any advice on where to purchase those