Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nam eee
NAME : NOVA NISA FEBRINA
CLASS: IV D
Bregedel Tempe (Tempe Fritters)
The ingredients to make bregedel tempe are:
150 g tempe
2 tablespoons fried shallots
3 kaffir lime leaves
1 tablespoon flour
1 cup vegetable oil for frying
And to make the spice paste, you need:
3 large chilies, seeds removed
3 small chilies
2 red shallots
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon chopped galangal
1 candle nut
1/2 teaspoon coriander seeds
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon shrimp paste
Here are the instructions to make Bregedel Tempe.
1. Mash the tempe with a fork or place in the bowl of a food processor and blend until it
resembles coarse bread crumbs.
2. Grind the spices in a mortar and pestle or place in the bowl of a food processor and blend
to a smooth paste.
3. Put the mashed tempe in a bowl and mix with the spice paste, fried shallots and lime
leaves. Stir in the flour, followed by the egg.
4. Shape the tempe into fritters the size of a golf ball and flatten a little with a fork.
5. Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over a medium flame. When the oil is hot, drop the
fritters into the oil, five or six at a time.
6. Fry until golden brown on both sides, drain on absorbent paper and serve hot with rice.