Pollyanna Ward July 2 CV pdf
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Pollyanna Ward July 2 CV pdf
Pollyanna Ward BA (Hons)Profile
I am committed, driven and highly motivated to exceed expectations. I thrive in fast-paced and creative
environments where I am able to influence decisions and draw up strategies for success. I first experienced this
culture working as a Brand Ambassador for IMAX, and went on to be a digital marketing intern at River Island. My
passion for digital marketing started when I was challenged by my peers on the power of social media and
consequently set up an anonymous food blog at university. In just a few months it had the attention of the
University and local businesses. Following the success of this, I set up my own business offering social media and
copywriting services. I use my blog to discuss the ways in which social media can help businesses connect with
their customers, I network with others in the industry, and I regularly attend digital media conferences. This has
enabled me to stay relevant in an ever-evolving industry. My aim is to continue creating original, enjoyable content
that informs and inspires its readers.
Content Marketing Manager (Intern) - SoBold Ltd - May 2015 - Present
Work with clients to increase ROI in their marketing campaigns through the use of social media, blogging, SEO and
email marketing. Increase visibility of SoBold online through SEO, social media and blogging. Attend weekly
workshops and conferences as a brand ambassador, including events by Google, Coca Cola, and O2.
‣ One client wanted to increase visibility organically on social. I rebranded his social pages to refresh his
image and through social listening, found his target audience and spoke with them on relevant topics.
Once interest was generated, I started a giveaway for a free product in exchange for signing up to a
mailing list. In one month, 176k impressions were made by tweets around the campaign.
‣ Created the SoBold blog page to reflect brand image and researched and wrote the blog content. This
generated content for our social channels, including Twitter, and made 77.4k impressions across a month.
‣ Moved SoBold from 575 to 26 in the Social Media Agency: Top 500 within 7 weeks of my internship by
growing it’s level of influence on social media and increasing it’s Klout score.
Social Media Manager - The Social PAW - September 2014 - May 2015
‣ Set up my own business using Squarespace and Twitter to get firsthand experience in the digital
marketing industry and to build strong relationships with the independent business owners of Nottingham.
‣ My business involved: setting up & growing Facebook, Twitter & Instagram accounts; creating social
media and content strategies; utilising social media to reach out to customers and turn leads into
Founded The Nottingham Bucket List, a food blog with over 4000
Created the position of Social Media Manager for Impact
Magazine, winner of Guardian Student Publication of the year
2014, nominated for Best Use of Digital Media in SPA Awards
2015 and winner of Student of the Year 2015 for services to the
Worked as an IMAX Brand Ambassador, winning Most Twitter
and Instagram Interactions during PR events and Best Wrap-Up
Researched and pitched for social icons to be displayed in River
Island stores whilst I was a Digital Marketing Intern. The icons
are now visible on posters in store and on their television
Google analytics and insights
LinkedIn group management
Pollyanna Ward BA (Hons)conversions through social listening, shareable content, tapping into brand voice to start customer
relationships and build brand loyalty through transparency.
‣ 200 Degrees Coffee House, Flying Horse Walk, Nottingham - May 2015
‣ Coffee(ography) - May 2015 - July 2015
‣ Doghouse, Carlton Street, Hockley, Nottingham - November 2014 - January 2015
‣ Pilot, Poultry and Prosecco, Carlton Street, Hockley, Nottingham
Founder - The Nottingham Bucket List - August 2014 - Present
‣ Weekly blog on an independent Nottingham venue or event
‣ Invited to review upcoming menus and events in Nottingham and attend PR events.
‣ Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest: Photos of points of interest, where I’ve been, places to check out,
competitions with followers
‣ Over 4000 followers across the social media channels and blog
Social Media Manager Impact Magazine - July 2014 - July 2015
In charge of Impact’s Facebook, Twitter and Instagram channels that posts to over 9000 followers collectively,
ensuring that students are informed of the latest articles from the online magazine, release of next print issue and
current student events.
‣ Ran competitions to keep students engaged, St Patrick’s Day giveaway was shared 244 times on
‣ Photo albums from PR events with students encouraged to tag themselves, these reached over 20,000
‣ Part of the management team that organised the Impact Media Conference, selling 200 tickets to students
to attend a conference with key speakers from the journalism and media industry.
‣ Nominated for Best Use of Digital Media in SPA Journalism Awards 2015
‣ Part of team for Winner of Best Publication in Guardian 2014 Awards
Digital Marketing Intern RIVER ISLAND - June 2014 - September 2014
‣ Responsible for overseeing both UK and Global Facebook pages, leading to copywriting for the RI
Facebook page which has over 2 million fans.
‣ Use Twitter tool Conversocial to reply to customer tweets and tweet original content to over 250,000
‣ Created Pinterest boards with current trends for customers to share.
‣ Wrote blog posts for the RI blog Style Insider on their website.
‣ Proofread the Autumn issue of Style Insider released into stores; created QR codes to link from the
magazine to RI YouTube videos; researched and liaised with AW14 campaign models for magazine content.
‣ Researched store competitors; how they promoted their social networks in-store on Oxford Street and in
Westfield Shopping Centre. This research I collated into a presentation, resulting in the Digital Marketing
Manager taking on board my ideas for in-store social promotion, for example window decals and social
icons at POS. Stores now have the social icons flash up on their television screens.
‣ Researched US, French, German and Polish competitors for the Global page to understand current trends
and the types of posts that do well in Global markets.
‣ Created monthly and quarterly reports to send to agencies for an overview of the global pages - best and
worst Facebook posts, trends, types of posts that work best, best time to post, more male or female
Pollyanna Ward BA (Hons)
‣ Completed weekly spreadsheets of Fan Growth, Reach, Engagement and Product Uplift for all social
networks both UK and Global to see RI’s progress from previous weeks.
‣ Attended the Christmas in July Press Day at the Press Office on Bond Street, whilst there I got to meet PR
staff from other competitors and documented the event on RI’s Instagram.
Brand Ambassador IMAX -February 2014 - May 2014
‣ Used promotional materials and product to execute creative events that promoted upcoming film releases in
‣ Used personal social networks to post IMAX- related content and got students to share my posts to increase
engagement and publicity for IMAX films.
‣ Utilised knowledge of photo and video editing to create promotional teaser videos and to document events.
Won the final prize against 5 other universities in the US for the most creative and shared online video.
‣ Highlights from the events carried out: A flash mob in the city centre to promote the film 300; educational
workshops using videos and promotional materials to reach out to students on the benefits of watching films
in IMAX; an ice cream stall held on the main campus with competitions running throughout the day to win
‣ Winner of Best Final Wrap-Up Video and Most Twitter and Instagram Interactions
University of Nottingham: Roles for Departments and Societies October 2013 - June 2014
‣ NSTV “Culture Show Live” Producer - produced a fortnightly student television show and marketed it on
social media by creating teaser trailers and promotional posters.
‣ Faculty of Arts and University Open Day Twitter Team member - tweeted on behalf of the departments
during Open Days to provide prospective students with photos, information, fun facts, staff quotes and
Education & Qualifications
September 2012 - July 2015 The University of Nottingham: English BA (Hons) 2:1
‣ Completed Dissertation in Autumn Semester with 2:1 on the use of language on Facebook and Twitter by a
October 2014 University of Southampton: Distance Learning MOOC
‣ Digital Marketing: Challenges and Insights
Emma Goble William Newland
Social Media and Marketing Editor Founder and Director
River Island SoBold Ltd
To view my personal social media profiles:
Twitter: www.twitter.com/pollage, www.twitter.com/social_paw
34 Central Walk, Station Approach, Epsom, Surrey, KT19 8BY
M: 07907 379739