redBus.in and CASE STUDY
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - redBus.in and CASE STUDY
India's biggest online bus
Who They Are!!!
They are India’s largest bus ticketing company with the
highest bus operator partners,
largest distribution network &
They enable customers to book bus tickets
online, offline & through partners
Founded in :August 2006
Industry :Electronic commerce
India’s first bus tickets booking site
Has the largest network of bus operators in
their list(350+and growing)
Being mentored by the TiE- EAP
(Enterpreneurship Acceleration program)
Sells two cloud based software, called BOSS
and seat seller to bus operators and travel
redBus mobile app view
– Aggressive growth
• 50 lakh
• 5 Cr.
• 25 Cr.
• 55 Cr.
• 116 Cr.
• ~300 Cr.
– ~7 year old. HQ in Bangalore – 26 Regional Offices. ~580 Employees
– 800+ bus operators on our network/system
– 19,000+ bus services every day, across 20states. 3 Govt. RTCs
– 30,000 point of sale outlets- 10,000 direct. ~200 partners
– Amongst the top portals in terms of no# of customers served/day in India
• The bus colours are: …
• Red – main colour for Red Bus
• Yellow - Shuttle
• Orange - MetroStar
• Green - Orbiter
• Ranked No.1 amongst India’s fastest growing companies;
~4,823% growth rate
• Amongst the Forbes™ list of top 5 startups to watch out for
• Amongst the Business world top 3 most promising
entrepreneurs in India
• Startup of the year award by IAMAI in 2010
Logos of Redbus
About the Case..
• The company been able to read customer
expectations correctly ?
Redbus customer service advantges are:
• Home delivery service of bus tickets in major cities
• Book online using credit,debit cards and net banking
• Book bus tickets online, over the or over the mobile
• Book bus tickets online with over 500 bus travel
• Book bus tickets online for over 5000+ routes across India
• Return bus tickets reservation
Redbus been able to provide a
service different from the state run
road transport booking offices
Yes, because its so fruitful.
You can choose your seat
You can book your bus tickets online, by phone,
or in person
You can get your tickets home delivered and pay
by cash on delivery
You can choose from over 350 bus operators
You can choose from buses based on boarding
points, timing and bus type cash on delivery