Portable Natural Water Filter
This is about portable natural water filter which we want to provide in disaster prone area at a low cost. We made it with locally available materials and used Moringa seeds to disinfect the bacteria.
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Portable Natural Water Filter
Team Name : THE CRANKS
Team Members :
MD. AJWAD ANWAR (C)
MD. SHAKHAWAT HOSSAIN
A specific environmental problem of our choosing is Managing Palatable
Water Crisis in Disaster Prone Areas
During emergency situation :
• Surface water become turbid and
may contain biological contaminants.
• Water become aesthetically
• People want fast, cheap and
To fulfill the demand of drinking water in emergency situation, our proposed
solution is . . .
PORTABLE NATURAL WATER FILTER
Required Materials :
Plastic bottle Wash cloth/Filter paper Coal/Activated Charcoal
Coarse Aggregate Moringa Seeds Fine Sand
Cost to make Portable Natural Water Filter:
Total cost to make one Portable Natural Water Filter is Tk 18 to
Tk 25 only
Business Rational :
• Immensely useful for people who cannot afford modern
• It can replace or work alongside with costly filtration devices
that become useless during emergency situation.
• Can be carried out in mass production.
• Materials are locally available and cheap.
• Can be set up within a short duration.
• Manufacturers may show immense interest due to the involvement of so little cost to
make one unit of this product.
• This project does not involve the inclusion of materials that are hard to make or
• The idea of portable filter is relatively new in Bangladesh. So, it will gain some
interest from experts in the area of water management and purification.
• A thought is put in the project to increase the device’s performance for biological
contaminants removal. This is done by adding an extra layer of crushed moringa seeds
to the filter medium to enhance the process.
• This method of filtration may not remove all waste water parameter.
• Some other methods of purification are required if the resulting filtered water from
this device is claimed to be 100% safe. Some other methods involve: halogen/chlorine
tablet, keeping it in sunlight, boiling and so on.
• Many poor people from rural areas who are affected by natural
disaster will have access to clean drinking water as quickly as
• People will suffer less from waterborne diseases.
• It will be able to recover economic water crisis.
. . . Thank You . . .