Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed? 2
Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed? Then Put Something On, is based on Shereen’s book of the same name. The lessons encourage us put on the attributes of Jesus so others see God’s glory in us. Based on Colossians 3:12-17.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed? 2
Naked, Embarrassed and Exposed?
Then Put Something on.
What Not To Wear
"You were taught, with regard to your
former way of life, to put off your old self,
which is being corrupted by its deceitful
desires; to be made new in the attitude of
your minds; and to put on the new self,
created to be like God in true
righteousness and holiness." (Ephesians
Cleaning Your Closet
• Since we are going to be expanding our
spiritual wardrobe, it is best if we start by
getting rid of the old stuff first.
• We tend to keep old junk because it is
comfortable and familiar. Change is hard but
the reward is worth it. We will end up with a
new look that
God and brings
glory to his
Statement T-shirts: Put off Anger
• " My dear [sisters], take note of this: Everyone
should be quick to listen, slow to speak and slow to
become angry," (James 1:19)
I’m not a
nag, I’m a
Put Off Anger
• Anger is not flattering.
• It is not appropriate attire for children of
• We cast off anger and other
inappropriate clothing when we become
heavenly minded. (Col 3:2)
Immodest Outfits: Put off Sexual Impropriety
• "It is God’s will that you should be sanctified: that you should
avoid sexual immorality; that each of you should learn to
control his own body in a way that is holy and honorable, not
in passionate lust like the heathen, who do not know God;
and that in this matter no one should wrong his brother or
take advantage of him. The Lord will punish men for all such
sins, as we have already told you and warned you. For God
did not call us to be impure, but to live a holy life.
Therefore, he who rejects this instruction does
not reject man but God, who gives you his
Holy Spirit." (1 Thessalonians 4:3-8, NIV)
Put Off Sexual Impropriety
• Our minds are often dressed immodestly and
we appear worldly
• According to Clay Jones, president of Second
– 20% of all Christian women are addicted to
– 60% admit to significant struggles with lust
– 40% admitted to involvement in sexual sin over
the past year
Put Off Sexual Impropriety
• Sexual sin is easy to hide
• There are no private sins
• “Flee from sexual immorality. All other sins a man commits
are outside his body, but he who sins sexually sins against his
own body. Do you not know that your body is a temple of the
Holy Spirit, who is in you, whom you have received from God?
You are not your own; you were bought at a price. Therefore
honor God with your body” (1 Corinthians 6:18-20).
• Flee is an active verb. The definition is “to run away, often
from danger or evil” or “to hurry to a place of security”.
Spiritual Costuming: Put off
• "Do not lie to each other, since you have
taken off your old self with its practices and
have put on the new self, which is being
renewed in knowledge in the image of its
Creator." (Colossians 3:9-10, NIV)
Put Off Lying
• Don’t be pseudo; fake, fictitious, or phony.
• Don’t be a Christian who is a hypocrite or
• Be real, honest, childlike, and true (not
Ostentatious Clothing: Lay Aside Selfish Desires
• "You were taught,
with regard to your
former way of life, to
put off your old self,
which is being
corrupted by its
Lay Aside Selfish Desire
• Ostentatious: “marked by or fond of conspicuous or
vainglorious and sometimes pretentious display”.
• You are not the bright spot in the universe, God is.
• Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit
• But you will “shine like stars in the universe as you
hold out the word of life” (Philippians 2:15)
A Uniform: Burn Legalistic Attire
• "I desire to do your will, O my God; your law is
within my heart." (Psalm 40:8)
Burn Legalistic Attire
• People do not have children to build an army of
clones that think, look, dress, stand, salute, and
march in identical formation. Neither does God.
• There are similarities but for the most part we raise
individuals who cooperate together in a group called
“the family”. So does God.
• The family has room for individuality. God’s family
• “It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand
firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened
again by a yoke of slavery” (Galatians 5:1).
Please join with me in ministry
Pray for God’s direction and new opportunities for my
teaching and speaking
Like my page on Facebook, Shereen Lashua
Visit my web page and blog shereenlashua.com
Feel free to contact me through the above or at
PO Box 6955
Goodyear, AZ 85338