National Engine Parts Manufacturers Association - NEPMA social media presentation
Smith Advertising and Social Media was a co-presenter at the National Engine Parts Manufacturers Association annual meeting. The topic was Social Media Marketing so we provided a brief intro and overview.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - National Engine Parts Manufacturers Association - NEPMA social media presentation
Internet Marketing Panel
– 1 Billion Users
– 300,000 + list Auto Repair, Auto Technician,
Mechanic, in their personal profile
– 50% of Users Log in EVERYDAY
– Fastest Growing demographic is 55 years old & up
– Business Pages vs. Personal Pages
– Marketing Power is in the ability that users have
to see your message and SHARE it!
– Facebook pages & updates are indexed by
Items that can be
posted on Facebook
• Product Announcements
• Trade Show Attendance
• Customer Car Photos
• Tech Tips/ Info
• Contests, Giveaways, Sweepstakes
• Videos you have done, or ones from others
• Ask Questions to get feedback
• Create Discussion Groups
• So much more!
Data & Information it
Ads within Facebook and HYPER
TARGETING to reach your
• Ads Can be targeted by:
• Connection to your FB Page
• Education Level
• Relationship Status
– 400 Million Users
– 460,000 new users per day!
– 140 million tweets per day(+65% in last 3 months)
– 40% of tweets from Mobile app.
– Thousands of users that have Auto Repair, Auto
Technician, Mechanic, in their personal profile
– Connect with people worldwide!
– Twitter Accounts & Tweets are indexed by google
What is twitter?
• Twitter is a way to share information in messages that are
140 characters or less with those that choose to “follow your
updates” because they are interested in your products
• Those that will follow you include
*auto mechanics, shops, media members, industry
associations, enthusiasts, racers, & more!
• “Tweets can be about products, events, info, tech tips,
shows, etc and can include a link to your website, fb page,
• The Power lies in them seeing a message and “Re-tweeting”
it to their followers!
140 characters or
What are #HashTags ?
• Hash Tags are key words(subjects) that you can insert
in your tweet that describe what you are talking
• Users can search hash tags to see what is being
“tweeted” on that subject
• Samples: #autorepair #auto #Camaro #GMLS
#autoparts #SEMA #SEMAShow #Corvette #autoparts
#carmaintenance #carrepair #Chevrolet
Data it Provides
• 2 Billion Views per day
• 24 hours of video is uploaded every minute
• 70% of YouTube traffic comes from outside
• Average Person spends 15 minutes per day
• Aside from Google, YouTube, Facebook, and
Twitter are the most used search engines for
Data it Provides
Who is watching “Web Videos” ?
• 77% of Internet Using Population in USA watches Videos
• That amounts to 147 Million People
• Of those people, they watched 13.5 BILLION VIDEOS online in
the month of October 2008 alone!