ii part of polytechnic chemistry
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Poly.chemII
Department of chemistry
First year - II semester
Energy giving substances that produce heat
Materials used for burning
A source of chemical energy
A source of carbon
1. Define fuels, Gross calorific value, Net calorific
value, Calorie and cracking.
2. How are fuels classified?
3. What is LPG?
4. What is water gas and producer gas?
5. What is biogas?
6. What is power alcohol?
1. Explain the preparation, properties and uses of
water gas and producer gas?
2. Explaining the refining or fractional distillation of
1. What are rocket propellants?
2. What is homogeneous, heterogeneous
1. How are rocket propellants classified?
Explain giving suitable examples
1. What is meant by combustion of a fuel?
2. How much quantity of air required for the
combustion of 1 kg of carbon?
3. What do you understand by excess air supply for
1. Derive the expression for calculating the
minimum quantity of air required for the
combustion of 1 kg of a fuel.
2. Explain the working principle of Orsat apparatus
for the flue gas analysis?