Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nano leaves(1)
• Nano technology is the word making a huge resolution in our
science and Industry. It is a fascinating science for many scientists as
it offers them many challenges, and one such challenge is creating
nanoleaves using the solar Botanic technology. By using these
nanoleaves , they try to solve our biggest problem in these years.
• Yes! We will witness a world where there will be scarcity for energy
resources, but mankind is blessed that we are provided with the
solar and air which will last for millions of years. And recently with
the emerging nanotechnology, scientists are working on the new
content called the nanoleaves that will help to produce electricity
with the help of solar power which can serve our future energy
• In the near future it is expected to face a huge energy crisis. In
this paper we intend to light on how exactly the nanoleaves can be
achieved and what are the future aspect and prospects.
• Biomimicry, a relatively modern technology, uses nanoleaves
attached to artificial trees and plants to capture solar energy. These
exclusively designed nanoleaves contain tiny photo voltaic and
thermo voltaic modules that gather heat and light from solar
energy, converting this into electrical energy.
• The design of the nanoleaves is based on the principles of
photosynthesis, a natural process where plants extract the light
from solar energy, and along with CO2 from the atmosphere,
convert it to starch and oxygen, the oxygen being emitted to the
• However, nanoleaves development has gone a step further, in that
they are capable of harvesting the thermal and light energy from
the sun’s energy and convert it into electricity. The stem of the
nanoleaves are designed to collect kinetic energy from the wind,
which is also converted into electrical energy.
• Nanoleaves and stems are an emerging form of
renewable energy sources collecting energy from
the sun and wind and converting it into electrical
energy. The leaves are distributed throughout
artificial trees and plants, and when operating at
optimum efficiency, it can supply whole
household with electricity.
• Solar nano technology is used to collect
THERMAL, LIGHT and WIND energy, the leaves
and stems incorporate minuscule cells
TYPES OF TRANSDUCERS USED IN
• PHOTO VOLTAIC CELLS
• THERMO VOLTAIC CELLS
• PIEZO VOLTAIC CELLS
MECHANISAM OF NANO LEAF
• When we insert the THERMO VOLATIC
CELLS, PHOTO VOLATIC CELLS & PIEZO-
ELECTRIC CELLS into the tree leaves, that
leaves act as artificial leave in the tree.
• The THERMO VOLATIC cell is used to convert
the sunlight thermal energy into electrical
energy in that artificial leaves.
• Nano PHOTO VOLTAIC cells convert the
invisible light, known as infrared light or
radiation, we can't see it, but we can feel
it - it's warm - that's why we call it
radiation. Due to the photo voltaic cells in
our Nanoleaves it converts this thermal
radiation into electricity.
• The Nano PIEZO-ELECTRIC cells is thin
like a natural leaf, when outside
forces like the wind pushes the Nan
leaf back and forth, mechanical
stresses appear in the petiole, twig
and branches. The more wind there
is, the more Nanoleaves are moved.
Wind which moves thousands of
Nanoleaves in a tree canopy is
causing mechanical strain in the
petiole, twigs and branches. Nano
piezo-electric elements incorporated
in the petiole twigs and branches
are the tiny Nano piezo-electric
elements that will generate millions
and millions of Pico watts electricity.
WORKING OF THERMO VOLATIC IN
• Out of two junctions T1 and T2, T2 is
kept at constant reference temperature.
Hence it is referred as cold junction.
• The temperature changes to be
measured are subjected to the junction
T1, which is referred as hot junction.
• When T1>T2, an EMF is generated due
to the generator gradient.
• The magnitude of emf depends on the
materials used for wires and
temperature difference between T1 and
• That emf produces electrical energy
and that energy is stored in the inverter.
WORKING OF THERMO VOLATIC IN
• When the sunlight strikes the
photo voltaic cells the thin p-
doped upper layer absorbs the
electrons in the n-layer which
causes formation of conduction
electrons and holes.
• These conduction electrons and
holes are separated by depletion
region potential of the P-N
• When a load is connected across
the cell, the depletion region
potential causes the photo current
to the inverter in the tree trunk.
WORKING OF PIEZO-ELECTRIC CELLS
IN NANO LEAF TECHNOLOGY
• Piezoelectric cells are
worked based on the
piezoelectric effect in
this nano leaf
• In this technology a
crystal is placed in
between two metal
USE OF INVERTER IN NANO LEAF
• The inverter is a DC to AC
converter circuit used in this
nano leave technology.
• It is fixed in the trunk part
of the tree.
• All the TV,PV,PE cells
• output is connected
internally to the inverter.
• The total output AC voltage
is taken out of this inverter.
• We can get 8 kw power
access from inverter to the
PERFECT TREES FOR NANOLEAVE
• THE BROAD LEAF TREES
• THE SOLAR BOTANIC TREES
• The BROAD LEAF TREES can provide 3500 KWH
to 7000KWH per year, besides providing shade,
breeze and beauty.
• SOLAR BOTANIC’S EVER GREEN TREES can provide
2500 KWH and 7000 KWH per year. These trees
are good for mountainous regions and hill sides,
as they provide good sound absorbers.
• Solar Botanics has also planned a variety of
smaller artificial shrubs for your smaller electrical
needs, like household appliances. Solar Botanic
has Nan leaf roof and wall carpets that can be
easily installed with various leaf designs.
PERFECT PLACE FOR THIS
• The desert has a unique beauty
and an abundance source of
renewable energy, we believe
that we can preserve the beauty
and exploit its resources without
doing damage to the desert
• Every desert highway mile
can generate as much as
1.2MW of clean electricity
per year, or power over 200
homes. Protects the
otherwise releasing 800
tons of CO2.
• It is very difficult to interface the nanocells
into the trees leaves.
• Cost of this technology is very high.
• Very difficult to interface the inverter to the
By these nanoleaves we
can try to solve our future
energy demands .Besides
high energy generation it
is eco-friendly method of
generating power with no
sign of pollution.