Prevention Practice (Assignment)
Assignment : "Enumerate five examples each in how to promote primary, secondary and tertiary prevention practice?"
Published on: Mar 4, 2016
Transcripts - Prevention Practice (Assignment)
RIPHAH INTERNATIONAL UNIVERSITY
Examples each in how to promote primary, secondary and tertiary prevention practice?
Assignment No 01
Health and Wellness
Q NO1: Enumerate five examples each in how to promote primary, secondary and tertiary
Primary prevention measures as those provided to individuals to prevent the onset of a
targeted condition. Examples:
1. Include passive and active immunization against disease.
2. As well as health protecting education and counselling promoting the use of
automobile passenger restraints and bicycle helmets.
3. Educating the community about the good nutrition.
4. Educating people to keep their surroundings clean at home and at workplaces.
5. Spread awareness about the ergonomics at offices etc.
2- Secondary Prevention:
Secondary prevention measures as those that identify and treat asymptomatic persons who
have already developed risk factors or preclinical disease but in whom the condition is not
1. Telling people to take daily, low-dose aspirin to prevent a first or second heart attack
2. Recommending screening tests in people with known risk factors for illness.
3. Providing suitably modified work for injured workers.
4. If patients id diabetic or with increased cholesterol, have proper check on the diet.
5. Make patient aware about the hazards of chronic condition of the disease if it
developed, and how to create prevention .
3- Tertiary prevention:
Tertiary prevention activities involve the care of established disease, with attempts made to restore
to highest function, minimize the negative effects of disease, and prevent disease-related
1. Introducing a proper exercise program to cardiac patient.
2. Cardiac or stroke rehabilitation programs.
3. Patient support groups.
4. Hydrotherapy programs for stroke rehabilitation.
5. Make patient get rid of all kind of drugs strictly.
___ END ___