Nanganallur abode of temples
Chennai is one of the developing cities of India; and the development is not only limited to infrastructure but also real estate.
Published on: Mar 3, 2016
Transcripts - Nanganallur abode of temples
Nanganallur: Abode of Temples
• Chennai is one of the developing cities of India; and the development is not only
limited to infrastructure but also real estate.
• The unlimited growth of the IT sector in the city is to be given credit for the
development of areas like Nanganallur.
• Previously, Nanganallur was one of the suburbs of Chennai; but after September
2011, it comes under Chennai Corporation.
• The areas surrounding this locality are Adambakkam, Alandur, Palavanthangal and
St. Thomas Mount.
• This place is also known as “Chinna Kanchipuram” or “Little Kanchi”, due to the
existence of numerous temples.
• Nanganallur is well connected to Chennai via rail transport.
• The nearest railway station is Pazhavanthangal railway station which connects to
the other parts of city via Guindy and Nungambakkam.
• Chennai International Airport is just a few kilometres away.
• Nanganallur can boast of two subways, one which connects to GST Road, and
another is the Thillai Ganga Nagar subway that connects Nanganallur to Velachery.
• The upcoming Metro Rail Transit System in Adambakkam will further improve
connectivity and also the demand for flats in Nanganallur.
• Residents of Nanganallur flats enjoy its calm and spiritual atmosphere.
• One can find temples in this area in every nook and corner.
• Some of the renowned temples of this locality are Rajarajeswari Temple,
Dharmalingeswarar Temple and Guruvayurappan Temple.
• The burgeoning popularity of Sri Viswaroopa Adhivyadhihara Bhaktha
Anjaneyaswami Temple has increased its popularity among residents.
• Besides temples, one can also find good and reputed schools and hospitals.
• The proximity to schools, hospitals and temples is creating a buzz around
Nanganallur real estate.
• Nanganallur is famous for its roller-skating rink on 100 Feet Road near the Civil Aviation
• This facility has been set up at a cost of 3.1 million.
• It is 325 feet long and 30 feet wide, and is the longest rink in the whole of Tamil Nadu.
• Residents are coming to Nanganallur as it is near the IT corridor, affordable and
surrounded by good facilities like schools and temples.
• The well-known builders in this area are Ashok Foundations, Amman Constructions,
Vijaylakshmi Builders, Navin Constructions and Lancor.
• Developers like Lancor are coming up with unique facilities and amenities like
completely air-conditioned houses, spacious party halls, stylish gyms with glass
faÃ§ades overlooking the pool, and large swimming pools with a deck on the elevated
• The average price for a flat for sale in Nanganallur is Rs. 5701 per square foot.
• The demand for 2BHK flats in Nanganallur spread over 698 square feet to 893 square
feet will cost Rs. 35 lakhs to 45 lakhs.
• Residents living on rent have to pay around Rs. 12 per square foot.
• With infrastructure that is improving fast, new subways and many residential projects,
real estate in Nanganallur and its surrounding localities is sure to achieve great heights
in the next few years.